1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fuel Prices - LOL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StL_Don, Jul 21, 2008.

1. I frequently pass this station and today I finally stopped and took the photo.

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don

2. I LOVE it Don!

3. Man I wish it was only $4 a gallon in the uk not $12 a gallon(diesel that is).

Phil.

4. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Where did you find 3.89????

5. Those prices are cheaper than they are in LA. Everytime I see someone driving a big SUV on the freeway, I just laugh and hope they enjoy having to bend over everytime they go to the pump. Seriously, unless you do construction or heavy duty type work, there should be no point to owning a luxury SUV! SUVs and trucks are not meant to roll around with 21" rims! Sorry, had to rant. :smile:

6. That Cheap??? Here we have $4.19 for regular!

7. It's $3.98 here in NC, too.

There is another sign online kind of like that (though I'm sure photoshopped) that says
    87 - LOL
    89 - OMG
    Premium - ***

8. baeken

baeken

Jun 24, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    oh, we've hit well over $4.50 in California. Gotta love how EVERYTHING is crazy expensive out here!

9. Very funny! Our NEW Alantra gets 25+ in the city and over 33+ on the hwy! Lots better than the minivan we had! I won't talk about the Titan...:Curved:

10. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    3.87 around here

same place as Don

11. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Don't forget: jacked up to get a full 3' of ground clearance, double wheels on the rear axle, and vertical exhaust pipes added.

To top it off, a wing at the end of the bed, completely defeating the purpose of having a bed in the first place.

Actually I should make a picture of that when one of those L[####]ers is stuck in traffic with me. At least they have a nice view of all the cars around them. :biggrin:

12. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    it's about the same average here, $3.84-.89ish...

my civic used to be cheap to drive, now it's 40 bucks to fill up. ouch, not fun.

13. LOL! Can you find it? That's classic! I think that everytime I fill my truck at about $4.40ish these days... motorcycle here I come!

14. That's hilarious Don. My wife drives an Acura TSX which burns premium, but is a 2004 and wasn't a big deal at the time. Now I'm looking for a replacement for my Subaru Forrester and when I went into the Acura dealer last March to look at a RDX they bragged about it being turbocharged 240hp and by the way still burned premium. I shook my head and left.

15. Anybody drive bio-diesel? While I don't like the idea of your car leaving a strange odor behind...hehe...the idea of using lard for fuel interest me. Any experience in here with one?

16. I stayed out late with the boys one night and my wife was pretty upset with me. She said I would have to take her someplace expensive so I took her to a gas station. That's when the fight started........:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

17. ROFL! Don't blame her one bit! :rolleyes: :wink:

18. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Great shot Don. I see that diesel wasn't even listed at that station. :eek: 

Not sure when SUV's became a construction vehicle. Diesel pickups in either 3/4 or 1 ton capacity is more normal here.

I also think that if your going to drive a hybrid here that they should be banned from the passing lane when going over a mountain pass. Many times I have wanted to stop them and ask if they would like to load their hybrid on my trailer. My pickup with a loaded trailer grossing around 20,000 lbs could easily pull them up the pass faster than they can drive it. :mad: Rant off.:smile:

I run B20 when I can, but I have a fuel station close by that has a pump.:wink:

19. Charles, I live in LA. You do not need a big SUV in LA. Let me state for the record, they should be banned in So Cal! We don't have the weather necessary for big vehicles. When it does rain, it's usually the big SUVs that cause the accidents due to slippage. Not only do parking lots here in LA pack cars in with idiotic 'compact' parking which people with big SUVs ignore, (I'm talking Tahoes, Escolades, Yukons, Suburbans) they still insist parking in compact spots taking two spots in the process. Congestion is bad enough. Gas prices are insanely high and people love to waste in LA, and the city doesn't give a rats arse because this city is run by corporate and politico thugs. End rant.

20. Muskieman911

Muskieman911

Apr 11, 2008
    nowhere
    cost me 160 to fill my car

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.