Fuji FW Updates

As most of you know - today is the big day!
The X-E1 update is significant. There are numerous improvements to both the X-E1 and the X-Pro 1. There are also FW updates for all the XF lenses. These are worthwhile and, while I've only been playing with them for a little while, my use definitely confirms faster, surer AF speed and precision.

By the way, focus peaking is, in fact, pretty awesome :biggrin:

ok ive done the update! (xpro 1, 14mm 35mm 18-55)

Positives:

Focus peaking - works great with my old nikon glass! - similar to FP on 100s

AF - accuracy especially in low light is now really really good - took 30-40 snaps in poor light and everything that should have been in focus was in focus

slight negatives

If there is an improvement in AF speed it is marginal at best on the 35mm,( 14mm im not too bothered as i tend to zone focus most of the time). The 18-55 is very snappy now, no hunting at all.

x100s is most certainly still faster than the 35 and 14mm

Very good to hear about update improvements, Ugo. I will do for mine soon too.
Many people on other forum say it's noticeable for the 35mm.
And if AF of fujinon 18-55 is even faster, then I can fly !!!

Very good to hear about update improvements, Ugo. I will do for mine soon too.
Many people on other forum say it's noticeable for the 35mm.
And if AF of fujinon 18-55 is even faster, then I can fly !!!

The 35 may be a bit faster if i was to quantify it maybe 10%? In low light it is hugely improved nailing focus all the time. I use the x100s as well and there is a noticeable difference (x100s is faster) between the two.

I'm loving the focus peaking, however it is hard to see in the evf, I really need to use the LCD to manual focus.

The 35 may be a bit faster if i was to quantify it maybe 10%? In low light it is hugely improved nailing focus all the time. I use the x100s as well and there is a noticeable difference (x100s is faster) between the two.

I'm loving the focus peaking, however it is hard to see in the evf, I really need to use the LCD to manual focus.

Don't forget, you also have focus magnification along with peaking. The peaking effect is much more apparent through the evf when used with the 3x mag.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
I posted an issue I've run into on another thread in this board regarding the XE-1 firmware update. I'm copying it in here in case anyone else sees this problem:

Love the focus peaking with the 60mm lens. However, now my 18-55mm lens won't focus properly! I downloaded the firmware for it too, but now when I get that manual focus dialed in perfectly with the focus peaking, as soon as I press the shutter, the focus point skips away and I get all soft focus shots with the 18-55.

I hope this isn't a permanent issue.

Anyone else having trouble with that and their 18-55 lenses?

ill test this out later to see if im getting same result - i usually tend to stick to primes when manual focusing though!

I did update for all, XE-1, 18-55 and 35mm last night. I think now, XE-1 with 18-55 can focus as fast as NEX that I had.
For 35mm: I have mixed feelings. I feel it's more accurate, but just little bit faster, less hunting .. and AF motor is still very noisy.
I tried AF in bad light condition last night, and I thought, overall, the update worked although it's not like day/night for the 35mm. I wanted to see more improvement for 35mm 1.4
For 18-55, it's already very good AF.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom