Fuji S3 model shoot

Discussion in 'People' started by Transmit, Sep 20, 2005.

1. I got tired of waiting for the D200 and ordered a Fujifilm S3 Pro. I'm very pleased with the results of this camera for fashion/portraiture, it's everything I wanted in a D200 but available now (well, OK, maybe not as fast, but speed isn't so important for portraiture). Comments appreciated.

CeCeMoabS3-026.

CeCeMoabS3-054.

CeCeMoabS3-080.

2. Well Paul, can't comment on your camera but you model can pose for me anytime she wants to. Kidding aside, this is a nice series of shots and I don't think the camera has much to do with it.

3. Thanks Gordon, I actually did this shoot in Moab, UT, not too far from where you are... What a gorgeous place! Will post some landscape pics too.

Paul

4. I was going to ask you if you photographed this in Utah. You could have done it a couple of miles from my home. Looking forward to your landscapes.

5. Very nice shots Paul, and great use of the 18-70.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Really nice shots....I like the warm colors the model is wearing that play in nicely w/the surroundings. Her beauty is enhanced by the background. (but someone should give that girl a cracker....skin and bones she is!!! :eek: ) Seriously though...nicely done.

7. Great model, love her posing. Some seriously wicked colors you have there too, good stuff.

Since you're shooting with the S3, ever consider upgrading that 18-70? :wink:

8. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Hmmm... Did you shoot those in wide dynamic range mode?

9. Yeah, you bet I'm lusting after the 17-55 DX! - but hey I'm getting great results with my little 18-70 and it's such a flexible performer. In bright daylight there's not that much advantage with faster lenses.

BTW, I shot the pics in Fuji's F1 mode which mimics Provia film. I believe that I did have the dynamic range set to wide at the time (still learning the camera though).

10. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Excellent captures. What if any post processing did you do on these? The model is nice looking but the color is just fantasic.

Thanks for sharing,

11. Yes you done great job. And i agree with that the model is for my taste bit skinny but i maybe because i am not skinny myself that i prefer a little more flesh. But it is not about judging a person so i will keep it to the photo's.

First i love the photo's and yes even she is skinny she is one wonderfull and beautifull woman no doubt there. The colours are great and you done a great job. It have thought many times about the S3 Pro but then gone for the D2X. And i bet the D200 will not be the specs as what have leaked earlier.

Some other points i want to point out is in the photo's i hope you dont mind my critiques if it is offending just let me know and i edit this message:

1st photo the hand could be made bit softer the vains i find bit scarry for such a beautifull woman and beautifull shot.

2nd photo the over exposed piece of the arm it give bit strange harsh structure on the arm could be also because of the downsizing and compression of the web photo. It is not distracting me but just something i was curious about if it come from the harsh sun over exposure or because of the web sized photo.

3rd photo not found any remarks to give then little spots on her arm that is bit more white but that is just nothing compared to how nicely you shot this model isn't it lovely to look into her eyes when you see that photo.

I wanna say great work, lovely photo's and love your compositions, your model (where i have to much flesh she haves to less, but in appereance she is more perfect then me so i have no right to complain) is beautifull and great to photograph. And i bet you must love your camera for sure.

So i can't wait to see some more work from you in the future. And i am jealouse of your beautifull setting overthere must be great to work there.

Thanks alot for sharing your work.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

12. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Hmmm... I would have thought that the S3 would have held the highlights better (at least from what I've seen of it).

13. Thanks! I did very minimal post processing - a little sharpening and slight amount of color balance here, some shadow boost there... that's it. I find the S3's out-of-camera jpegs can be used as-is for the most part. With my D70 I can get good color but it takes a lot of work in Photoshop.

14. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    mmmmmm, hat looks familiar.

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Whoo hoo! Cowgirls really do it for me - this one's a beaut! Good job Paul! (I especially like #3, but I'm sure it's the ... 'hat'. Yeah, that's what it is! :wink:

16. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice shots Paul, and what a wonderful backdrop. That hat looks familiar, visa vie your avatar. I agree with softening those veins on her hands, and would recommend either using a large diffusion panel, (need an assistant for that), keeping her in the shade, or wait for a cloud to pass over. A little blown highlights are one thing, but large patches of them as seen in her hair on #1 aren't good. Now go feed that girl a Big Mac! :biggrin: Please keep em comin buddy!

17. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice shots Mike and good poses. Really like all of these poses and expressions, except #1. She's gotta work on a more convincing/appealing smile. In the gallery, the 3/4 length shot of her on the steps is really good too! I can see you improving every time out!

18. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    oopsie, this last reply of mine was posted in the wrong thread!

19. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Aaakkkk!!!! That's where the hat came from - Yikes (spitting and wiping mouth!) :wink:

20. I really like the first with the shiny cloting on her side and the last one for that sexy "playboy" look.