Fuji S5 Pro ISO 1600, no flash

Discussion in 'People' started by Electromen, May 30, 2007.

1. Since there is interest in this new camera, here are a few from Saturday's wedding. All at ISO 1600, no flash, no PP, no sharpening, just straight from the camera and save for web.
    All are handheld, 17-55 f/2.8 lens, spot metering

This is from the same wedding I posted as Fun Pittsburgh wedding.

In hotel room available light near window
    slightly overexposed, but straight from camera.
    f/5.6, 1/80 sec
    [​IMG]

middle of hotel room, lamps on and window off to the side, but blocked by women in hat.

[​IMG]

The camera did a good job here, it really wasn't that bright, I would say average church lighting.
    1/60 sec, f/2.8
    [​IMG]

1/30 sec., f/2.8
    [​IMG]

1/30 sec, f/2.8
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2007
  2. Nice set, and the camera sure does handle high ISO nicely.

I'd try to straighten the last photo?

Do you spot meter on the white dress?

3. Thanks Jimmy, I'll straighten, sharpen, remove moles, soften skin etc. when I edit.
    These are straight from the camera. The ones at 1/30 sec. show camera shake, I should be able to fix that in Photoshop.

I showed these with no editing to show how the camera handles noise at ISO 1600

thanks again for your reply,
    Greg

4. Looking good... I'm very tempted :biggrin:

I took a couple ISO400 shots with the D2X yesterday... testing out a 35mm prime I got from Broyer and the noise is much higher than the shots you have here at iso1600 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. DarkGT

DarkGT

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I had that question also, how do you get such low noise?

6. GT, In this case, it's the sensor that does the work... that is supposed to be one of the highlights of the Fuji system...

7. Yes, Sorry GT, Fuji S5 Pro $1,899 camera only.
    It uses the D200 body from Nikon.
    There has been some dicussion about comparing the two at higher ISO
    It's very good @ ISO 1600.
    Especially jpeg straight from camera.

8. I'm stunned by this, having only ever owned the D50/D80 and being a photography newbie, I always wondered we ever even had a ISO above 400 as I feel the Nikons are so bad above this. I cant believe that another brand can produce these results at this setting.

Very interesting, thx for sharing.

9. I should mention that all of these were taken with Auto WB.

10. No, I spot meter on their faces. In every shot I manually selected the focus point and tried to hit their face.