Fujifilm X100V discussion and photo sharing

Real Name
David
Nice. You seem to be enjoying the little Fuji.
Ron, I decided to reply to this here instead of in the challenge.

There are a lot of things I really like about the X100v. Controls, image quality, colors, responsiveness are all great.
But it also seems a lot bigger and heavier than I expected given it's only a little bigger and virtually the same weight as the Pen F + Pan 14mm it replaced. So while yes I am enjoying it, I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell it on.

Ron, I decided to reply to this here instead of in the challenge.

There are a lot of things I really like about the X100v. Controls, image quality, colors, responsiveness are all great.
But it also seems a lot bigger and heavier than I expected given it's only a little bigger and virtually the same weight as the Pen F + Pan 14mm it replaced. So while yes I am enjoying it, I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell it on.
Well I've dipped in and out myself before now and there are plenty of opinions that say the Olympus IBIS is still the best, so I can understand. I had it long ago in the E510. However I decided some time ago that I preferred the larger sensors and didn't want to go back to 4/3. While I'm happy with what I have at the moment I'm beginning to think, or realise, that maybe IBIS would be useful for me. Good luck with your choice.

Real Name
David
Well I've dipped in and out myself before now and there are plenty of opinions that say the Olympus IBIS is still the best, so I can understand. I had it long ago in the E510. However I decided some time ago that I preferred the larger sensors and didn't want to go back to 4/3. While I'm happy with what I have at the moment I'm beginning to think, or realise, that maybe IBIS would be useful for me. Good luck with your choice.
If I was still shooting things that move my priorities would be different. But now the only things I shoot regularly that move are my cats. I also tend to shoot at different angles and levels, my shooting style has seen a drastic change from my event days. So smaller, lighter, and more flexible camera positioning have become more important. IBIS isn't the end all be all you HAVE to have. But it sure can make things easier.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom