1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Full frame meets my garage

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Had a chance for some shots in my garage with my D700. Decided to use the 180mm, f2.8 which was always too long on my D2Xs.

608893753_ZVcxr-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

608894010_3yMdE-L.jpg

608895611_39tht-L.jpg

2. And your thoughts on the 180 now?? :biggrin:

#2 just grabs me...WOW! :smile:

3. Gretchen, it's just about perfect for the garage. The focal length works really well, and the great DOF of the FX sensor works well at wider apertures. I can now handhold these shots by bumping up the ISO. The D700 was liberating.

Now I get to play with my 85mm indoors without bumping into walls or furniture. This could be interesting!

4. These are all terrific, Mitch, especially #2.
    The eyes are very nice & clear on all of these.
    I used my 180 yesterday (on DX), & even w/ some fill I am struggling to brighten the eyes.
    Thanks for sharing these.

5. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Beautiful!

6. Excellent!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to seeing more. :biggrin: I shot almost exclusively with the 180/2.8 at VBS last week. When the overcast rolled in, a simple bump of ISO to 800 or 1600 and voila. While inside, took it to 3200 easily and never looked back.

I'm so excited for you Mitch, I know you're going to have some awesome work to show us in the coming months!! :biggrin:

7. Amazing shots Mitch, beautiful compostition, perfect sharpness, and the eyes are just perfect :smile:

8. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    gorgeous shots she is such a cutie

9. Mitch, wow...I have been gone for a while...didn't know you had a D700.

Look how old Samantha looks...she gets cuter by the day!

10. You didn't miss much. It just arrived 3 days ago!

11. Well thank God....didn't want you having any fun without me!

12. lmatney

lmatney

Oct 25, 2007
    Goodyear, AZ
    Very nice shots Mitch. The D700 is a nice match for the 180mm and you have a great girl.

13. The eyes really do pop, without looking unnatural. The second shot is absolutely perfect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.