Full Steam Ahead!

On a dreary day with a short break in the monsoon-like rains, I set up in a new location near the top of a upgrade. I had the good fortune to take a ride in the cab of #3025 and used that to scout for photo locations. This is the steepest grade on the run and the place where the loco works the hardest. The engineer recognized me and opened the exhaust valves on the cylinders for a little extra "show". This spot really only works on overcast days as the camera is pointing into the sun.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone else? I see it fine, even re-loaded but it could be in my cache.

The one in the photo is a 2-8-0 that belongs to the Valley RR. It was built in China in the late 1980's and was rebuilt by VRR after being damaged by fire at it's former location in western PA. As long as they were working on it, they modified it's appearance to resemble a New Haven RR Class J-1a. The bell, headlight and whistle are from an actual NHRR J-1a.

Thanks all! I'm trying to talk the RR into letting me clear out some of the overgrowth in the area. The sumac is horrid and the overhanging trees could use a good thinning. They have an aerial lift mounted on a small flatcar but they seem reluctant to let me take it under tow with a speeder.....

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom