1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Full Version of Adobe Photoshop is coming to IPads

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by rick_reno, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

I don't understand it.
    Almost everything I do on Photoshop needs extremely accurate pointing, which is not possible with touch.
    Perhaps the iPad will get an optional mouse?

2. crazy

crazy

Feb 5, 2009
    NC
    This is too much for my Mac Pro PS mind to comprehend :eek: 

3. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    I don’t get this IPad PS thing either. Maybe it’s a response to the Affinity product on the IPad. I could be wrong, but the way I use PS I “think” I need a file system for photoshop. Beats me what they’re up to.

4. They probably plan on synching everything as is done when using Lightroom on a cell phone.

5. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Perhaps the Pencil and pinch-zoom will give you that pixel level control you need.

6. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

I'm sure that is possible, but imagine how slow it would be to do detailed work.
    I can see that Photoshop has a lot of tools that would work fine, but I can't see it as a professional editing tool.

7. iPad Pro 12.9 and the apple pencil should do the trick. It is a lot more precise than a mouse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Somehow, I doubt that you'll be able to do things like photo resortation with a 1000 layers, or pixel level wrinkle removal.

The pencil should help, but still working on such a small screen for me would seem to be very frustrating. There's only so much that will fit on the screen without having to constantly scroll all over.

We will have to see what they finally show us.

9. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing

Oct 15, 2008
    GA
    Some people in this thread need to do like Apple, and Think Different. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.