1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fulvous Whistling Ducks

Discussion in 'Birds' started by drueter, May 1, 2005.

1. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    I got these shots last month at Anahuac NWR with the D2H & 300f4, handheld. There was a hawk circling above, so this group kept moving around on me and the lighting was very harsh.

A smooth landing

42727500.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Look out, I'm coming in!

View attachment 8004

Getting to safer territory

View attachment 8005

2. Hey Don, those are some fine looking ducks. Don't know that I have ever seen one like it.

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Neat Shots

Neat Shots Don...

I've never seen these duckes here in New England...or at least I never knew I did.

Interesting that you mentioned to raptor..I was trying to shoot ducks early yesterday AM and they were really nervous...I finally realized that there was a red tail overhead.

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Jim - It was an interesting toss up for the ducks -- getting into taller grasses to avoid the raptor while avoiding all the alligators around. This guy was snoozing nearby: :shock:

D2H, 24-120VR at f5.6, 120mm

40861442.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5. Don, well done, esp the in-flight shot.

6. Nice shootin, Dave!! :)  :) 

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots,

We have a bunch of whisteling duck at Viera I hear via the Audobon Frank

I have to go out there this week end. Haven't been there in a while.

that place in Texas looks quite a bit like Veria and share the same birds and alligatore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.