Fun Contest: How long before...

I was checking out the rules the other day for the FS forum and I note that as far as newly released items are concerned they must have been available for 30 days before you can sell one 2nd hand on the forum here.

Now I could say 30 days but surely all those here who bought one did enough research to know that it really was the camera they wanted before investing that amount of money.

So just to be funny I'll say 31 days :rolleyes:

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
:eek:

His ad says $3300. I thought RRP was $3000 in the US for a body only. That and he said he bought TOO many? How do you buy too many cameras, I mean I know NAS can be bad at times but to such a degree you buy too many. Sounds fishy to me.

Yep, I thought the same thing... Someone trying to make a quick $250! And making it seem noble. I ordered too many, and want to offer it before I send it back...:rolleyes:

With all these banding issues :rolleyes: I thought the market will be flooded ...

Yep, I thought the same thing... Someone trying to make a quick $250! And making it seem noble. I ordered too many, and want to offer it before I send it back...:rolleyes:

Most people don't think about his actual cost, not defending him or anything, but think.

$3000 plus shipping or tax = $3050
plus 3% paypal =$100 on $3300 value
Plus his shipping to you = $50 min. with $3000 insurance.

So that's a total cost of $3200, so he might clear $100 for the trouble of shipping, buying insurance, and finding a buyer.

Someone that don't want to wait for a store to get them in stock might want this for $100 premium.

Really not worth my time for $100 and the risk that you might not be able to sell it for what you actually have invested in it.

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Most people don't think about his actual cost, not defending him or anything, but think.

$3000 plus shipping or tax = $3050
plus 3% paypal =$100 on $3300 value
Plus his shipping to you = $50 min. with $3000 insurance.

So that's a total cost of $3200, so he might clear $100 for the trouble of shipping, buying insurance, and finding a buyer.

Someone that don't want to wait for a store to get them in stock might want this for $100 premium.

Really not worth my time for $100 and the risk that you might not be able to sell it for what you actually have invested in it.

Think non-transferable warranty on a "new" 3K product.... +100? You'd have to be nuts to do it Tim!!! There'll be more by week's end for sure... The first shipments too a while to sell out...

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom