1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fun Contest: How long before...

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by randyr5, Jul 27, 2008.

1. randyr5

randyr5

Jan 14, 2006
    Michigan
    the first D700 hits the "For Sale" forum?

2. shaocaholica

shaocaholica

Jul 21, 2008
    LA
    We have a "marketplace" forum? I couldn't find one.

3. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    It will magically appear after you've been around a month and post 25 posts.

4. Good question, mine might be first! JK

5. MrCupHolder

MrCupHolder

Jul 3, 2008
    Australia
    I was checking out the rules the other day for the FS forum and I note that as far as newly released items are concerned they must have been available for 30 days before you can sell one 2nd hand on the forum here.

Now I could say 30 days but surely all those here who bought one did enough research to know that it really was the camera they wanted before investing that amount of money.

So just to be funny I'll say 31 days :rolleyes: 

6. MrCupHolder

MrCupHolder

Jul 3, 2008
    Australia
    :eek: 

His ad says $3300. I thought RRP was $3000 in the US for a body only. That and he said he bought TOO many? How do you buy too many cameras, I mean I know NAS can be bad at times but to such a degree you buy too many. Sounds fishy to me.

7. Yep, I thought the same thing... Someone trying to make a quick $250! And making it seem noble. I ordered too many, and want to offer it before I send it back...:rolleyes: 

8. I saw one on FM this AM...

That was quick!

9. smodak

smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    With all these banding issues :rolleyes:  I thought the market will be flooded ...

10. I bet Photokina announcements may have something to do with it.

Sean

11. Most people don't think about his actual cost, not defending him or anything, but think.

$3000 plus shipping or tax = $3050
    plus 3% paypal =$100 on $3300 value
    Plus his shipping to you = $50 min. with $3000 insurance.

So that's a total cost of $3200, so he might clear $100 for the trouble of shipping, buying insurance, and finding a buyer.

Someone that don't want to wait for a store to get them in stock might want this for $100 premium.

Really not worth my time for $100 and the risk that you might not be able to sell it for what you actually have invested in it.

12. Think non-transferable warranty on a "new" 3K product.... +100? You'd have to be nuts to do it Tim!!! There'll be more by week's end for sure... The first shipments too a while to sell out...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.