Fun day with the babies

Discussion in 'People' started by Duschoolboy, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    My family has 4 new babies in the family and I got a chance to take some pictures of some of them last weekend. This is the first selective coloring that Ive done, so excuse the poor pp. Comments are welcome.
    original.

2. Mike I think this is a very good capture. You captured what certainly appears to be a happy expression, nice pp and you did a good job with the extreme darks/whites.

3. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Thanks Roy. I am finding that the studio work is very addicting. Just lots to learn.

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I like the posing/composition and the expression is really great. The shot seems a little under-exposed, though. Or maybe it's the B/W conversion, but it seems like the skintones should be a bit brighter than they are.

5. Very nice, good tonal range and wonderful expression. As just a minor critique the whites of the eyes look very grey.

6. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Jeff,
    I will look at it and try and brighten it up. Thanks for the comments.
    Gordon,
    Being new at this pp, how would you lighten the whites without changing the rest of the pic?

7. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Great capture! How did you pose the child....is that one of those roll around walkers fancied up by the blanket?

8. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    No,
    We put a "bopee" (kind of a u shaped pillow for babies) under the backdrop and then the white blanket on top of that. You definitly have to chase babies as far as a pose. My brother in law (Zapufast) was with me taking pics too and it was hard even then to get some good shots.