Fun in San Francisco [9 images]

Discussion in 'People' started by Beezle, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Wandered up to SF today with the boys.

First some cultural heritage at the Asian Art Museum.
    aam-4.

"Yeah, but where are the trolleys?"
    aam-2.

"Here Gabriel, let me show you how to eat your noodles..."
    aam-cafe-2.

"Yellow trolley! Yellow trolley! Yellow trolley!"
    trolley-5.

He always grabs the seat behind the driver when he can. This trolley is from Baltimore originally.
    trolley-4.

These quaint antique trolleys are all unique and very nicely restored. This one is originally from New Orleans.
    trolley-3.

"Orange trolley!"
    trolley-6.

Riding along the Embarcadero.
    trolley-1.

Three or four rides later, finally happy.
    trolley-7.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are some real nice snaps, Beez. I just sent a PM to Dave Birdsong telling him that I am looking forward to seeing some images of San Francisco. I have a basic idea of what the place looks like, but I would enjoy seeing more of what the place has to offer vacationers, etc. Your boys looked as though they had an enjoyable time with you.

3. It is a great city. Glad I live nearby.

I must say the tourist thing can irritate me sometimes, but I spend lots of time in the tourist parts of the city anyway. Because, um, I like them. :rolleyes:

The boys both love trips up there, and we try to get there once a month or so.

Yes, it always involved trolleys, or else I'd hear about it ALL DAY. :mad:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beezle,
    Wonderful images of your adorable boys. Great day out with DAD, that is so special.

All the pics are interesting of the things and places you went..

Very well done.

Gotta love the trolley :>))))))

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Great shots... Can't wait to take some of the street cars and cable cars in a couple day...

6. That's my absolute favorite!

Cheers

7. Ed, nice shots. I really like the sense of being there that your images present. I rather liked the first one and the one of the interior of the old trolley. Looks like the boys had a great time. Did they wear you out?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

8. Not only did they wear me out, they got to sleep all the way home. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind comments.

9. On the one ride where we were nearly alone, I consciously tried to get shots with interesting things out the window. To take advantage of the sunlight coming from the other side.

Here are a few more that didn't come out quite as nice.

trolley-9.
    trolley-8.

10. Great shots. It's good to see that you enjoy spending time with your boys. They grow up fast. My oldest now lives in Oakland. Thanks.

11. Great series, Ed. I lived for a very short while in SF when my wife worked for Bank of America there many years ago, and it's one of my favourite cities.

Will be back to SF in Feb for a conference. Unfortunately the schedule is very tight and I think I have no more than an afternoon of free time.

12. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Nice shots!

The "City by the Bay" has so many diverse settings, sights and interests. There's always something to do or take photos of. It's a city of "neighborhoods", each with it's own special attraction.

13. Have lots of fun in SFO...I go out there to visit family about every year but I am waiting until summer because they don't usually have a lot of rain like winter. It really was bad this Dec with rain everyday.

I will pray you have no rain while on your vacation.

14. We get virtually no rain between about May and October. Some foggy drizzle in the city now and then, but generally great weather.

Personally I like the rainy season. Except perhaps for the roof leak we had to fix a few weeks ago.

This will be a tough place to leave behind when we go.

15. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Mark Twain said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

July and August are beautiful, clear, COLD and windy - perfect photo weather there because the air is so clean. Usually the middle of September is the hottest time - one or two days over 90ºF....

16. The retro trolleys are really neat. Looks like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing your images.