Critique Fun with Colored Pencils -- Rainbow Remake Added

I couldn't choose between #3 and #4 Mike. Because #3 has great lighting and although #4 doesn't have such good lighting, the order of the pencils are in harmony with the colors of the rainbow. I think I will go for #3. I think it is better to make the purple line continue till the frame in #3 though (or crop the image from the left till the end of purple line on the left. )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it is better to make the purple line continue till the frame in #3 though (or crop the image from the left till the end of purple line on the left. )
I hadn't noticed that. Good idea!

Interesting that you prefer the high-contrast lighting of the pencils in Photo #3 whereas I prefer the lighting with less contrast in Photo #4.

Interesting that you prefer the high-contrast lighting of the pencils in Photo #3 whereas I prefer the lighting with less contrast in Photo #4.
The thing is the light is in harmony in overall the image in #3. But in #4, the pencils look bright but the rainbow looks kind of underexposed. So ,it looks as if one bright image and another dark image combined to make one image. That's why I preferred #3.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom