Share Fun with kids and grandkids

Real Name
Amin
Please share some images of kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc, in this thread. I'll get things started with one from yesterday of my daughter Isabella and her pink ukulele:

48491575786_966475e3fa_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's one of my favorites of our two oldest grandchildren:

Rain1-XL.jpg

This photo is from 14 years ago. The boy is now a sophomore in college and the girl is a high school senior. Time flies.

This thread could be dangerous.....I have thousands of photos of kids and grandkids.
About the time my first grandchild was born was the time I bought my first DSLR. I purchased an Olympus DSLR from Costco and decided I didn't like it and returned it. I then purchased a Nikon D70 and have evolved from there. The photos of our kids and grandkids that I have taken are my greatest worldly treasure. They bring back such special memories. Here are four that I found today that I especially like and show the family having fun.
_DSC2138.jpg
_DSC2147.jpg
_DSC5429.jpg
_DSC1824.jpg

This thread has the potential to be very popular and to last forever.

This photo is, without question, the most important photo I have ever made. The baby is my nephew Matthew at ten days old and born about three months prematurely. It's the first photo ever taken of the mother and child together and it was about a week later before either parent was allowed to hold Matthew in their arms. Matthew finally got to go home for the first time five months later just barely in time for Thanksgiving.

The photo was taken at Baltimore's Johns Hopkins Hospital. I printed an 8 x 10, had it matted and framed and gave it to the NICU unit as a "thank you" for everything they did. They first hung it in the NICU room where doctors consulted with parents of children in the unit. Now that a new NICU wing of the hospital has been built, it hangs in the room used by the person who was the lead nurse on Matthew's team to train nurses who are new to the unit. Matthew is now 11 years old and I still send keepers of him to that lead nurse, which she relishes.

For those interested in the post-processing issues, I had to deal with three completely different light sources and the resulting color balances that were out of whack.

Mike 2008-06-29--001-S.jpg

Last edited:
This thread could be dangerous.....

I agree!

Excellent photos, Terri, and typical of your family "snapshots", though they are more than that.

This photo is, without question, the most important photo I have ever made.

I can see why you think so. Excellent job both on the photograph and the processing.

This photo is, without question, the most important photo I have ever made. The baby is my nephew Matthew at ten days old and born about three months prematurely. It's the first photo ever taken of the mother and child together and it was about a week later before either parent was allowed to hold Matthew in their arms. Matthew finally got to go home for the first time five months later just barely in time for Thanksgiving.

The photo was taken at Baltimore's Johns Hopkins Hospital. I printed an 8 x 10, had it matted and framed and gave it to the NICU unit as a "thank you" for everything they did. They first hung it in the NICU room where doctors consulted with parents of children in the unit. Now that a new NICU wing of the hospital has been built, it hangs in the room used by the person who was the lead nurse on Matthew's team to teach a course to nurses who are new to the unit. Matthew is now 11 years old and I still send keepers of him to that lead nurse, which she relishes.

For those interested in the post-processing issues, I had to deal with three completely different light sources and the resulting color balances that were out of whack.

View attachment 1643994
Mike, I love this!! It brings back so many memories of our twin grandsons in the NICU for 8 weeks. I'll have to share some photos of that. I can see why this photo is so special to you. It's really perfect!!!

Real Name
Amin
The photo was taken at Baltimore's Johns Hopkins Hospital.

My son was born at that hospital. At the time, I was an intern there, the hardest year of my life. I carried around a picture of the ultrasound image of him in utero on the front of my binder, and it kept me going. He's also the reason I became interested in photography. This pic I took of him holding my dad's hand and looking up at him is one of my all-time favorites. They've always had such a special relationship.

Sabet-amin-LookingUp.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Amin
A couple other memories from when my sons were young which always bring a smile to my face:

3949623059_e137514265_o.jpg

3950404560_081b062cb0_o.jpg

My family don't like to pose for pictures, nor do they tollerate me chasing them around with a camera, much. We do get together 2-3 times a year, so here are 3 Christmas gatherings.

2014. Eating and drinking, naturally!
xmas22_DxO.jpg

2016. At my son's Emigration Canyon cabin above Salt Lake City. Shot with a remote and the camera bungee-corded to a railing :eek:
SLC4113_DxO.jpg

2017. Settling in for a cooperative game of Pandemic.
xmas0174_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

The photo was taken at Baltimore's Johns Hopkins Hospital. I printed an 8 x 10, had it matted and framed and gave it to the NICU unit as a "thank you" for everything they did. They first hung it in the NICU room where doctors consulted with parents of children in the unit. Now that a new NICU wing of the hospital has been built, it hangs in the room used by the person who was the lead nurse on Matthew's team to train nurses who are new to the unit. Matthew is now 11 years old and I still send keepers of him to that lead nurse, which she relishes.

View attachment 1643994

Brought tears to my eyes! Great story.

My son was born at that hospital. At the time, I was an intern there, the hardest year of my life. I carried around a picture of the ultrasound image of him in utero on the front of my binder, and it kept me going. He's also the reason I became interested in photography. This pic I took of him holding my dad's hand and looking up at him is one of my all-time favorites. They've always had such a special relationship.

View attachment 1644992
This one is so fantastic!!

Feeling a little emotional this week.....This little guy started high school this week. I bought my first DSLR when he was born. Where did all the years go.

Jaden in T-Ball Cap.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom