Fun with the little ones....

Most of my grandchildren are getting pretty big now. Our youngest daughter has young sons....ages 4, 2 and 3 months. They were here visiting the last three days and I gave my new Z6 a good workout. Most were just candid snaps. Nothing was posed. I just followed the kids around to try to capture memories. I used either the 50 f1.8 G with the FTZ, or the 24-70 f4S.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We went to a kid's play place called Kid's Town. A couple of cousins joined in. The kids had a blast. I appreciated cafe members who helped with with ideas for setting up my camera for active, moving kids. I used the 24-70 f4 there. It was mostly artificial light with various light sources. The ISO in all the shots was high. The camera performed well. Other cafe members who have the Z cameras said that AF-C with Dynamic Focus mode works well. I got very few out of focus shots, so that worked great. I just left the camera at 1/250 f4 while I was there and let auto ISO take care of the rest. If I go there again, I might try using a prime for better low light performance.

This morning I woke up to the boys doing some puzzles (their favorite activity)! Now they've gone home and it is too quiet here!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom