Function with no shape

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, Sep 6, 2005.

1. The antithesis of Bauhaus.
    Converted to B&W, with a solarized layer set to overlay the background.

[​IMG]
    Nikon COOLPIX8800
    2005/08/27 15:06:58
    JPEG (8-bit) Normal
    Image Size: 2448 x 3264
    Color
    Converter Lens: None
    Focal Length: 29.3mm
    Exposure Mode: Programmed Auto
    Metering Mode: Center-Weighted
    1/112.5 sec - F/5.9
    Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
    Sensitivity: Auto
    White Balance: Auto
    AF Mode: AF-S
    Tone Comp.: Contrast (-)
    Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
    Digital Zoom Ratio: 1.00
    Saturation comp: +1
    Sharpening: Normal
    Noise Reduction: Off

2. Love the image, Christian. Artistic transformation.!!!!

3. Christian you should have put a Bauhaus building to see the difference there's one at Westmount square create by Mies Van der Rohe.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2005
  4. That's a good suggestion Gilles. I'll give it a try.

5. Don't know what a Bauhaus building so I will just have to take your word for this image being its antithesis. Is this a building under construction? Interesting shot.

6. Gordon, Bauhaus is an art school which originated in Germany after WWI and before WWII. It has inspired what is usually stamped "modern architecture" in which shape is adjusted in simplicity to the function.
    This structure here is in ruin. It is part of an old industrial area in Montreal that dates back to the end of the XIXth century. Most of these were mills and factories but are now abandoned. In the last 20 years, there has been a tremendous effort to gentrify the area, converting some of the most respectable buildings into superior dwellings, condos and lofts.
    Here is one sample :
    [​IMG]