Fungi - Focus stacks - Image heavy

It has been quite wet downunder, which is great for fungi.

A few of the fungi I photographed from the weekend. All focus stacks using the Olympus E-M1 with 60mm macro lens

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very well done. You have some very interesting varieties down there, especially the blue ones in #3 and #4. I think I have seen most of the others around here.

These are among my favorite things to photograph in late summer and early Fall. Unfortunately we had a very dry period at that time last year and there were none.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice ones - 3,4, and 5 are my favorites.
Thank you Allan!

Very well done. You have some very interesting varieties down there, especially the blue ones in #3 and #4. I think I have seen most of the others around here.

These are among my favorite things to photograph in late summer and early Fall. Unfortunately we had a very dry period at that time last year and there were none.
Thank you Jim!

The blue ones are one of my favorites. They are Mycena interrupta, commonly know as Pixie's parasol

There were plenty out in flower, so the camera got a bit of a workout. We have gone from heat and bushfires to excessive rainfall. The rainfall has been great for fungi and native orchids.

Stellar images, very well done. I love the uniqueness of fungi. Did the Baw Baw forest survive the fires?
Thank you Tom. I'm believe the Baw Baw State Forest did suffer some fire damage, although I'm not sure how bad.

Beautiful series, Richard. I love the variety.
Thank you Dossy!

Very fine work here, Richard! My favorite is that beautiful Amanita: it contains Vanadium!
Thank you Eric!

The Amanita muscaria are becoming quite a nuisance both here in Australia and New Zealand. For an introduced species they have adapted well. I do enjoy photographing them, and on the same outing I managed to photograph a variety of them from the small, just emerging out of the ground, to when they were nearly finished.

Realy some interesting photos. Nicely done.
Thank you Dan!

All wonderful fungi shots!
Have you ever shot mushroom spore rain pictures? -- How do you make them rain? I tried fresh mushroom from my backyard and kept them overnight but they never produced spore rain....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Amazingly beautiful.
Thank you!

Good shot Richard! I never thought that fungi could be this lovely.
Thank you!

All wonderful fungi shots!
Have you ever shot mushroom spore rain pictures? -- How do you make them rain? I tried fresh mushroom from my backyard and kept them overnight but they never produced spore rain....
Thank you!
Sorry not much help from me. I haven't got into spores.

Oh, wow, how did I miss this earlier?! These are really gorgeous -- wow! Whoever would've thought fungi could be so attractive? Your photos show off these guys to their best advantage....
Thank you!
Unfortunately I don't spend as much time with fungi as I used too. Fungi used to be my No1 genre, that was until I discovered native orchids. :)

I was stoked the other day I finally found a Mosquito Orchid in green form. The mosquito orchid flowers are tiny, easily fit onto my pinky fingernail

#1 This is what the majority of them look like

#3 This one is green form. First time seeing one this colour.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom