Funny stuff you see on ebay

I hardly ever go there, and almost never actually buy anything. Usually just get a contact number and call direct, if they have one.
But mostly that site is a source of entertainment, as shown below.
Sometimes they are a blatant ripoff..sometimes just someones inflated idea of worth. :confused:
Please post up some of your funny or messed up finds, so we may point and mock some poor soul :866:
Gary

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/2890/j8jf.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/480/fcqo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post up some of your funny or messed up finds, so we may point and mock some poor soul :866:
Gary

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/2890/j8jf.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/480/fcqo.jpg
Really? Why mock someone? Did you notice the Make Offer button in the auctions you posted an image of? I give these guys a lot of credit for trying. The seller is feeling out current market value of what he is selling. Plus, anyone that uses eBay as a seller know that there are many people cheerfully willing to pay too much for an item. If you really want to "mock" someone, mock the buyer that is willing to pay more than you are willing to.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
A few years ago there was a guy on ebay who successfully sold a paper airplane that he folded from a piece of notebook paper. He wanted to prove to his son that you could sell anything on ebay.

The final price of the paper airplane was north of US$10. :biggrin:

Look at the completed auctions and a few of them have sold. Some are really creative, this seller sold one for $10.
Back in 2003 when I used to do ebay there was a guy selling plain Duct-Tape
wallets (silver-grey standard Duct-Tape) for something like 8 bucks each with
2 bucks shipping... That's all he sold and had been doing it for several years
with over 4K 100% positive feedback...

I think he may have been one of the first and all of the ones now were probably
inspired by him...

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I pulled up the actual ad and what I find weird is that at the bottom of the page the seller states, "I don't know how to fix it." He can't send it in for repair? :confused:

And speaking of selling anything, would you believe women are selling used, positive pregnancy tests? :eek: When I read the article this week, for once, I had no words... :Curved:

I pulled up the actual ad and what I find weird is that at the bottom of the page the seller states, "I don't know how to fix it." He can't send it in for repair? :confused:
I'm sure he did and didn't like the estimate from Nikon. Probably a total loss. Only thing left at this point is recouping what you can. Something is better than nothing. It will sell. Of course it could be a stolen camera and he doesn't want to send it in. Just speculating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

And speaking of selling anything, would you believe women are selling used, positive pregnancy tests? :eek: When I read the article this week, for once, I had no words... :Curved:
Yes I seen a link to that several months ago. NY Craigslist I think. $25 for a positive test.:frown:
Gary

This was years ago, but who remembers the guy selling his lucky Quarter? He said he used it to play scratch tickets, and had won his share. Now it was time to let someone else use it...

Yes openly mock them..while pointing in disgust if possible. :smile:
So is that your D3s?
Gary
Nope, but I bet he sells it for a decent and fair price, eventually.:biggrin:

I will keep an eye on his auction to see what that water damaged D4 finally sells for. I bet he gets over $2k for it.

Sounds to me like these women want to scam someone with a positive test.

"A fool and his money are soon parted". As for fixing things some people can be too lazy to put a bike chain back on. A friend of mine use to own a bike shop. It was wild what came in that door to be fixed that any 10 year old kid could do.

"A fool and his money are soon parted". As for fixing things some people can be too lazy to put a bike chain back on. A friend of mine use to own a bike shop. It was wild what came in that door to be fixed that any 10 year old kid could do.
It's called 'niche marketing'. Done correctly, it can be quite profitable.

P.T. Barnum used to have signs in his exhibits stating "To the Egress". Many people, eager to see what an egress was, left without spending much time viewing the exhibit they had just paid to see, and....... merrily went to the egress.

Egress:
1. The act of coming or going out; emergence.
2. The right to leave or go out.
3. A path or opening for going out; an exit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ohh yea the pet rock :biggrin:
When the latest run on gun rights set in a guy set up a auction for a tactical rock :smile: He went on and on about magazine capacity, accessories, ect. It was a ton of fun.
Craiglist can be a head turner as well. I have a rant by a guy selling cinder blocks. I would post it here, but its not pg13 :smile: Apparently he had got a bunch of annoying questions because he went off on all the things he did not want to hear...:biggrin: it was classic.
Gary

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom