Fusion begins

Discussion in 'People' started by virtuamike, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Love the spontaneity of candid photography but haven't always found the best subjects. Love the look of portrait and fashion photography but can't get over the feel that it just looks stiff. Decided I'm going to try to blend the 2 and take a candid approach to portrait photography. It'll be rough over the next couple months, the new stuff always looks a bit clumsy at first. Comments and critique welcome.

dahye01_full.

dahye05_full.

dahye08_full.

dahye09_full.

dahye11_full.

dahye12_full.

dahye14_full.

dahye15_full.

2. Man these are really great. I appreciate the creative aspect of this kind of photography and it's what I aim to do. Not your typical snapshot. Great great work here, Mike.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Very innovative approach....#6 and #7 are striking. I also liked the one by the water's edge....her jacket fades into the background allowing her to be the focal point, yet still giving it that spontaneous feel. It's always fun seeing what you've come up with....can't wait to see how your technique improves as you try and hone your skills on "candid fashion portraits".

4. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    Excellent idea and technique. These are much more visually interesting that standard studio shots. I think that #6 is my favorite.

5. I've always been into nature & macro photog, but stopped by to see the peeps. These are way cool !!

6. Thx everyone! Honestly for awhile I wasn't having fun shooting portraits, really felt great just cutting loose this weekend.

7. Good work Mike. I like #6 and #8 the best.

8. Thx Gordon!

9. Nice work again, I love the shots. Especially the bus and the metro/train shots. And the last 3 are great to.

In the last shot was ther some colour light shining or is it little bit colar cast in the photo. The shot looks very pink. But it gives a soft feeling to the shot.

Great work thanks for sharing. And what a beautifull woman you have there to photograph all the time.