1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I was going to put this in the architecture section, but it was taken at 10pm. I leaned up against another building to get a photo of this dilapidated billboard in downtown Phoenix:

[​IMG]

Except for adjusting the gamma and some sharpening, this is pretty much what the camera recorded, but the scene was really much darker than depicted. In fact I used iso 3200 and included a full stop of exposure compensation to acheive this lighting.

Your criticism and other comments are welcome!

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Chris, one of these days, I'm going to have to get out with my camera, and shoot something besides birdies.... :lol: Very interesting, and something that I would never have thought to even try. This latest challenge from UF should really put me to the test. :roll:

I am really learning from what I see here at the Cafe, from you, Regit, Gregory, BJ, and others.

Frank

3. I think the noise at ISO 3200 adds to this image. It is nice sometimes to catch the other side of beautiful and pristine and you have done that with this billboard. Thanks for sharing your technique and image.

4. I like the effect. You have a great eye for artistic shots. Me, I just try to capture the moment. Wish I had that eye.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thank you all!

Being able to shoot at such high iso really makes the D100 an attractive camera for me, but it's processing techniques I've gleened from DPR, and other sources that help to make it a reality. Using grain really helps with showing 'the other side of beautiful'. And I MUCH prefer using real digital noise to adding grain in other ways. I tried Grain Surgery's 'add grain' and it all looked just too 'perfect'. My pictures never look 'perfect'.

And Harris, try posting a purple beach and you won't wish for this eye! :) :) :)

I always wish I could capture better moments.

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Chris

You inspire me as always with this kind of photos
    Great work