FX lenses on V1 or J1?

So I'm assuming no, but will FX AF-S lenses auto focus on these little cameras?

Yes. With the FT-1 adapter you get AF-S and AF-C (after the latest firmware update), but only with the central AF point.

Performance is quite good, actually.

Mike
Oh snap! I would have been all over this before! I didn't think any of the mirror less cameras would auto focus any of our lenses.

Will any other mirror less cameras auto focus the Nikon AF-S lenses?

Oh snap! I would have been all over this before! I didn't think any of the mirror less cameras would auto focus any of our lenses.

Will any other mirror less cameras auto focus the Nikon AF-S lenses?
Nope - only the 1-series has that capability!

I like to use my V1 with the 70-300 VR for an 810mm equivalent reach... or even with the 80-400 VR for 1080mm :smile:

Cheers

Mike

I may grab a J1 with the lens adapter tomorrow. Or should I get an 85mm 1.8G instead? Decisions, decisions.

Give it a try with your 80-200 to see how you like it. Just remember, the lens mount isn't as robust as it is on your D3, so carry the combination by holding the lens. Let us know what you think if you decide to give it a go.

Jonathan,
Just curious if you have sold any of your work captured on the V1 with an FX lens.
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonathan,
Just curious if you have sold any of your work captured on the V1 with an FX lens.
Thanks,
Tom
I've used my V1 to shoot a couple news assignments and press conferences. Worked out great, because I stood behind news tv cameras and shot everything with the silent shutter. In decent light, output looks good.

Ok boys, im gonna have to be super sneaky with this one. My girlfriend isn't happy. She's going to kill me if i get another camera.

*EDIT* They canceled my order. KEH ran out of used and refurbished V1's.

Picked up a refurbished body only from Cameta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I just grabbed a V1 through KEH for $289, used, with the 10-30 lens. I don't really care for the kit lens, but I'm sure I'll use it a little for wide stuff, and if I decide to sell this camera, it will be much easier selling it with a lens.

I also grabbed the FT-1 lens adapter for $249.
Nice! Has the FT-1 gone up in price? I remember paying less than $200 for mine.

The 10-30 kit lens is good to have. When I'm traveling with my D800 as the main camera, I take the V1 + 10-30 along for days when I just want an (almost) pocketable walkaround. The FT-1 comes along, too, of course - then I can cover the long end with the 50/1.8 G and the 70-300 or 80-400 :biggrin:

Enjoy your new gear - it's really fun!

Mike

Nice! Has the FT-1 gone up in price? I remember paying less than $200 for mine.
Been looking for a few days. Can't seem to find them for less than $250. I think Adorama was advertising them for $209, but they're out of stock.

Dang it! Just saw a new one on Ebay for $233. Oh well.

:frown:

Oh well. I'm sure I'll have fun with it when it gets here (while the girlfriend is at work :wink:) and won't care about that 30 bucks.
You need to sell this to your gf better - tell her the V1 is a much better camera to take on trips than the D3, so you'll be able to take better pictures of her :smile:

Mike

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom