FX lenses on V1 or J1?

Ok boys, im gonna have to be super sneaky with this one. My girlfriend isn't happy. She's going to kill me if i get another camera.
Not even married yet, and having "who wears the pants" problems. How pathetic. I have been married 42 years now, and I sure know who wears the pants in MY family. Just ask my wife, she'll tell you ..... :wink:

Simple solution. Once you put the V1 on the back of one of your lenses, just tell her it is a holder so you can look through the lens, not a camera at all. Just like attaching a cell phone, yeah, that's the ticket!

You need to sell this to your gf better - tell her the V1 is a much better camera to take on trips than the D3, so you'll be able to take better pictures of her :smile:

Mike
She hates anything to do with photography now. She says it's a way for me to ignore her and not spend time with her. :rolleyes:

She hates anything to do with photography now. She says it's a way for me to ignore her and not spend time with her. :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear that, buddy - that's probably the most awful thing I've ever heard someone say about photography :frown:

I'm so lucky that my wife encourages my photography and thinks it's a great hobby! And she doesn't even complain about expensive equipment purchases (as long as she gets to buy some stuff for herself, of course :biggrin:)...

I hope this situation will change for you over time!

Mike

Tell your GF photography is better than you boozing and spending time with floozies at a bar! :biggrin:

My wife doesn't care what I buy, in fact our relationship works out better the more we're apart! :tongue:

She has complained that the D3 is too heavy. Hopefully, she'll dig the V1 with my 50 1.4G on it.

She has complained that the D3 is too heavy. Hopefully, she'll dig the V1 with my 50 1.4G on it.
I think that might actually work!

Initially I was giving my wife my hand-me-down DSLR bodies - D70, D80, D90 - because she actually likes having a good camera that can get her better IQ and focus faster than a compact... Then she, too, started complaining that the gear was too heavy - which I can understand!

In the end, the solution for her was Micro 4/3 - she's quite content with her Panasonic G3, likes the form factor and appreciates that she still gets better pics than the compact & phone crowd...

So perhaps the V1 will make your gf feel better about photography, too - leave the D3 for the serious stuff, and you're all set :smile:

Good luck

Mike

So perhaps the V1 will make your gf feel better about photography, too - leave the D3 for the serious stuff, and you're all set :smile:

Good luck

Mike
I got lucky! She actually wanted to play with the D3 today!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG_20130806_080340 by xXx-Ray, on Flickr

Here's one she took. It's not perfectly sharp, but that's my fault for not stopping down a little more and bumping the iso before I handed it to her. She nailed the composition though. I didn't have to crop at all so the fall off looks great. :biggrin:
View attachment 1218818
Untitled by xXx-Ray, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for a refurbished unit at Cameta Camera. That is where I got my J1 and lenses. One of the lenses had something behind the element and they exchanged it without a problem.

http://www.cameta.com/Nikon-1-V1-Digital-Camera-Body-Black-Factory-Refurbished-75505.cfm
I went with this one after all. After my original order was canceled because they actually DIDN'T have anymore in stock, I couldn't find any other good deals on black V1's with the kit lens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom