FYI - Bridge 2.1.0.1 update available

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by TweedleDum, May 31, 2007.

1. Hopefully this will fix some of glitches being reported. :131:

2. Peano

Peano

Jun 22, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    Could you post a download link, please?

3. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Start up Bridge and use Help > Updates ...

I counted more than half a dozen product updates when I ran Updater on my Windows system

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2007
  4. Arrrgh . . . the 2.1 update fixed the problems in the four bug reports I submitted, but created one new one. One glitch is better than four I always say. :actions1:

5. jbm007

jbm007

Sep 5, 2005
    glitch

Whats the glitch?

I will pass it up the food chain.

Jim

6. Bridge "hangs" when using R & L arrow keys to scroll through images in filmstrip mode. The amount of scrolling required to produce the fault is random, but it always occurs at some point. Oddly (to me), Bridge does not "crash". Rather, using the arrow key to change to another image produces the familiar "boink" sound with no movement of the focus to next image. I can still use the mouse to select another image on the filmstrip, but the arrow keys quit working.

As noted in previous post, this glitch was not present prior to the 2.1 update. Not a "show-stopper", but annoying nevertheless.

7. jbm007

jbm007

Sep 5, 2005
    can't reproduce it here. can you try clearing your preferences and see if that helps.

8. Good idea - how do I do that? (don't see a way to reset to default)

I plan on sending in a bug report, but want to get a little clearer on the scope of the fault. I also notice, for example, that double clicking an image to load into Photoshop no longer works after the "boinking" starts. Boink. I love that word. :smile: Anyway, the Photoshop window opens but, ta-da, no image appears.

This may have something to do with memory management . . . the problem does not seem to appear until Bridge.exe has staked out at least 200 Mb of RAM (I allow Photoshop ~ 1Gb).

9. jbm007

jbm007

Sep 5, 2005
    Mac: Opt+Cmd+Shift right after launch, like RIGHT after; or MAC Opt at any time before launch, but this will hide Finder window(s).

WIN: Ctrl+Alt+Shift right after launch or Win: Ctrl at any time before launch

10. Thanks . . . good info.

I'm not losing any sleep over this since the filmstrip line can also be scrolled with the mouse wheel. I started using this method after the bug appeared in the Bridge update and actually like it better anyway. I'm not having any other problems with Bridge or Photoshop, so I'm a happy camper. :smile:

11. jbm007

jbm007

Sep 5, 2005
    Here is a little tidbit for everbody. Open up Bridge.
    Open up a image using camera raw. Holding down the alt. and using the exposure slider you can check for blown high lights in an image.
    This works only when you enlarge the image to 100% first.
    Here is another shortcut.
    You have the 1,2,3 buttons on the lower left.
    If you right click each of those buttons you can assign workspaces to those buttons.

12. Nice tips. The Alt key also works with the detail controls at 100%.

13. jbm007

jbm007

Sep 5, 2005
    You are correct.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.