G-Day Scrimmage

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by PhotoDawg, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Before the Mets-Braves game I had the opportunity to swing by Athens, UGA and watch the Dawgs annual G-Day scrimmage. Here are some of the images I captured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[/img]

2. I've used this line before but there's some mileage left in it yet...

Why are those motorcyclists wearing such strange uniforms?

And where are their bikes?

3. LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know Clive there was a former Australian rugby player that played for the University of Georgia in the mid to late 80's named Richard Tardits. He was the all time quarterback sack leader for UGA until last year when a hometown kid David Pollack broke it by 1 or 2 sacks. I remember watching Tardits play. He was amazing. He probably could have played w/o pads. He was one tough cookie. I think after college he went on to play professional rugby somewhere. Not sure where. Maybe NeilCam could help us out with this one.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Some nice shots there Dawg.

Lol - I once spent an evening in a pub with an Australian talking about Australian Rules football (which is somewhat like US Football, but with no padding, a lot less rules and a lot more "physical contact")
    And then I told him about the Scottish sport of shinty - which is similar in principal, but there's even fewer rules - and all the players are armed with a big stick ....