Galápagos

Real Name
Randy
anyone been in the last few years ?
Any tips ?

Lindblad ?

thanks

My wife and I went with Linblad/NG in late January - early February, 2011. We were very pleased with the level of service, the professionalism, and the quality of the overall experience. We have several friends who went with Linblad and also gave them high marks. In fact, one set of our closest friends are in Peru with Linblad now, having done the Galapagos cruise last week.

They are expensive, but well worth it in my view.

If you want to see what it is like, our pictures from that trip are here.

Real Name
Randy
My wife and I went with Linblad/NG in late January - early February, 2011. We were very pleased with the level of service, the professionalism, and the quality of the overall experience. We have several friends who went with Linblad and also gave them high marks. In fact, one set of our closest friends are in Peru with Linblad now, having done the Galapagos cruise last week.

They are expensive, but well worth it in my view.

If you want to see what it is like, our pictures from that trip are here.

thanks Jim

btw great shots

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
We went in 2003...... I didn't have near the quality gear I have now. The 70-200 (and maybe a 1.4 tele) on DX was great! Your new lens would be ideal. I highly recommend it! We did one week at Machu Picchu and 1 week in the Galapagos! Very easy to do both on one trip.

Galapagos

Peru

Randy, a co-worker did the Lindblad tour - he is very picky but came away raving about that trip. He's done several Lindblads. I haven't gone yet but am considering REI's tour in 2014 itinerary B. Rick Walker on Nikonians used a tour company that I can't remember now but it was smaller 10-12 cabin boat similar to REI. Give him a ping over at the 'ians forum.

Make sure you have a normal lens and some way of taking video clips. The blue footed booby dance is NOT TO BE MISSED, and still photos do it NO JUSTICE.

I visited the Galapagos in 2009 (april/may) and we had one of the smallest boats cruising around (10 people) and cannot tell you the name of the company as it wasx an all-inclusive package for Ecuador (Amazon cruise, Galapagos cruise, and touring the country) but the high seas were no fun in the small boat. Besides that, we had a wonderful time and the advantage of a small group is that you have more "freedom" while walking the islands as it is less crowded.

You can find my images from the Galapagos here: link

We went in 2003...... I didn't have near the quality gear I have now. The 70-200 (and maybe a 1.4 tele) on DX was great! Your new lens would be ideal. I highly recommend it! We did one week at Machu Picchu and 1 week in the Galapagos! Very easy to do both on one trip.

Galapagos

Peru

I love your Peru album. My brother was at Machu Picchu last November, without a camera:eek:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom