Galah

These are some of the first shots i have taken with a recently purchased Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr. Luv This Lens:smile:
All these shots were taken at a local park, the colour of the water in the two duck images is from the reflections of near by autum trees, only a small amount of colour saturation has been added.The first duck shot was early morning & the second late afternoon. All the Galah (Pink & Grey Parrots) are late afternoon shots,cloudy.
D200 70-200 2.8 vr hand held.
Critique very welcome.:smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Galah (Pink n Grey)

Cheers Bottoms Up! Australian Wood Duck (Female)

Australian Wood Duck (Female)

Cheers Dave

Nice set Dave,you are going to really like that lens.Now just practice and have some fun with a wonderful piece of nikon glass.:biggrin:

Dave, these are beautiful. Never seen parrots just wandering around. What a treat!

And the ducks are wonderful. The fall foliage on the water is a gorgeous backdrop. I wonder, though, if the duck in the second shot might be a little sharper. What do you think? All in all, it would be hard to improve on any of these wonderful shots.

I especially like the two Galah in the last frame. Perfect position and your shooting angle is excellent. How long did it take you to get them to pose for you like that?

Wonderful birds. Wonderful images. I've concluded that Australia must be a wonderful country!

Thanks and God bless.
Doug

The water in number 4 is perfect i wish the duck was a tad sharper maybe some unsharpness mask.
Barry Hi, yes i luv the water in both, there are some large Maples with rich autum colours near by. Unfortunatly i had to use a very slow shutter speed (1/20), i have added unsharp but i think there is also movement due to such a slow speed.
Cheers Dave. :smile:

Dave, these are beautiful. Never seen parrots just wandering around. What a treat!

And the ducks are wonderful. The fall foliage on the water is a gorgeous backdrop. I wonder, though, if the duck in the second shot might be a little sharper. What do you think? All in all, it would be hard to improve on any of these wonderful shots.

I especially like the two Galah in the last frame. Perfect position and your shooting angle is excellent. How long did it take you to get them to pose for you like that?

Wonderful birds. Wonderful images. I've concluded that Australia must be a wonderful country!

Thanks and God bless.
Doug
Hi Doug, Thanks for your kind words. These parrots become very use to people, in fact there were two persons hitting golf balls from one end of the park to the other and walking about 5 metres away from the parrots without them taking flight, while i was taking these pics.Australia yep! wonderful country and i've only seen a very small portion of it.
Thanx Again, Cheers Dave.:smile:

Putting my order in for one of those cute little parrots:>))))

Our zoo has some friendly ones..lol

Nice pictures

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom