Galah

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jojo, May 18, 2007.

1. These are some of the first shots i have taken with a recently purchased Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr. Luv This Lens:smile:
    All these shots were taken at a local park, the colour of the water in the two duck images is from the reflections of near by autum trees, only a small amount of colour saturation has been added.The first duck shot was early morning & the second late afternoon. All the Galah (Pink & Grey Parrots) are late afternoon shots,cloudy.
    D200 70-200 2.8 vr hand held.
    Critique very welcome.:smile:

PinkGrey.
    Galah (Pink n Grey)

Duck.
    Cheers Bottoms Up! Australian Wood Duck (Female)

PinkGrey01.

OrangeWaterDuck.
    Australian Wood Duck (Female)

PinkGrey02.

Cheers Dave

2. You haver some beautiful Birds over there Dave and you showed them well

3. Hi Dave! These are wonderful shots! Love the colors on the parrots and the bottom's up photo gave me a chuckle! Well done! Keep em comin when you can!

4. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Nice set Dave,you are going to really like that lens.Now just practice and have some fun with a wonderful piece of nikon glass.:biggrin:

5. Thanx Gary,
    Cheers Dave.

6. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    The water in number 4 is perfect i wish the duck was a tad sharper maybe some unsharpness mask.

7. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Parrots just wander around....how cool is that? That bottoms up one is hysterical!

8. Dianne Hi, Thanx for your nice comments:smile: Cheers Dave.

9. Tim thanx, well pleased with this lens, now all i need is more time to use it.:smile:
    Cheers Dave.

10. revdhd

revdhd

May 2, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Dave, these are beautiful. Never seen parrots just wandering around. What a treat!

And the ducks are wonderful. The fall foliage on the water is a gorgeous backdrop. I wonder, though, if the duck in the second shot might be a little sharper. What do you think? All in all, it would be hard to improve on any of these wonderful shots.

I especially like the two Galah in the last frame. Perfect position and your shooting angle is excellent. How long did it take you to get them to pose for you like that?

Wonderful birds. Wonderful images. I've concluded that Australia must be a wonderful country!

Thanks and God bless.
    Doug

11. Barry Hi, yes i luv the water in both, there are some large Maples with rich autum colours near by. Unfortunatly i had to use a very slow shutter speed (1/20), i have added unsharp but i think there is also movement due to such a slow speed.
    Cheers Dave. :smile:

12. Lisa thanx, these type do wonder around and become quite tame, however they are a pest to the farmers. but we luv them.:smile:
    Cheers Dave

13. Hi Doug, Thanks for your kind words. These parrots become very use to people, in fact there were two persons hitting golf balls from one end of the park to the other and walking about 5 metres away from the parrots without them taking flight, while i was taking these pics.Australia yep! wonderful country and i've only seen a very small portion of it.
    Thanx Again, Cheers Dave.:smile:

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Putting my order in for one of those cute little parrots:>))))

Our zoo has some friendly ones..lol

Nice pictures

15. Thanx Gale, there was about a 100 of them at the park that day, how many would you like...LOL
    Cheers Dave:smile: