Gale almost got me arrested

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, Sep 27, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi you'll.

As you might have heard a few of us got together in Viera this weekend. They are great folks but they all have their quirks. Frank is a fanatic, he won't stop shooting until he drops. His idea of lunch is water and some peanuts. On Saturday Gale asked me if we were stopping for lunch and I said not as long as Frank's peanuts hold out. I saw the stricken look on Gale's face and offered to drive down to the Golden Arches and get her a Big Mac.

So I'm driving down the road and I see this gorgeous osprey sitting on a lamp post. Seeing no traffic I pulled into the safety island and started to get my D2h and 500mm set up when I heard a cop siren behind me and a sheriff's car pulls up to me. The sheriff said "you can only stop here if you or your car are in distress". I said "I'll be in distress if I don't get this shot". He said "you have 5 seconds". I didn't think he meant that I had 5 seconds to get the shot so I moved on.

Fortunately I met some other ospreys over the weekend.
    [[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yeah, that Gale, she sure can be trouble... :cool:

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Oh can I relate to that story :biggrin: :biggrin:

Looks like you made out Ok though, great shots of course :wink:

Luckily you didn't stop by some Homeland secure site ..... :eek: and have to do alot more explaining :frown: :rolleyes:

4. Where's a cop when you don't need them

That really sucks, I have had problems here to, and not in the city driving a country gravel road, blocking trafic flow! :mad: I don't even try in the city, came accross a brood of ducks trying to cross a double road and could not get up the curb, another kind person blocked the traffic as I tried to scoop them up to the side where a pot hole was a short distance, Just about having all 7 safe a siren rises above the traffic flow. We both thought he would be there to see if we could use his help but a stern warning was what we got. I do think we got redemption as someone called a local radio show and we made the news and a part of talk radio program, I guess kindness is not the exception in this case.:sheriff:

5. YOu cant be talking about the same Gale we know and luv, I cant believe it, I wont believe it! :wink: LOL...........great story, and glad you found another birdie. Frank sounds like my kind of guy to shoot with, die hard!! :biggrin:

6. Beautiful, clear, well focused shots Harry. Now, did you get the Big Mac?

7. Yes but..... Did Gale get the burger? :smile:

8. Man!!! Great shots, Harry.

Shooting at Viera is only one of the great pleasures. Lunching with Gale at the Canaveral harbor is another one. !!!!

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I got the Burger and glad we did not have to bail Harry out.

Thanks Harry :>)))

Nice ospreys.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Dao !!! Shooting and lunching with you was sheer pleasure.

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2005
  12. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Way to go! Good shots!

glad you didn't get arrested....not for an osprey...an eagle maybe...but not an osprey.

13. Harry, I could only repeat the above kudos on your great osprey shots, wonderful!

You are lucky to be able to capture these majestic birds. I'm looking forward for some more from you.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2005
  14. Hmmmm...interesting dilemma you had there: shoot the bird and go to jail or not....

Glad you're still around. Of course, I don't recall seeing any shots of a jailbird on this forum yet! :)

15. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    I can't argue with that Harris. :smile:

16. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Ben. I was lucky that he didn't shoot me. :biggrin:

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Wings,

Great work with those ducks. I'm always amazed here in Florida how the traffic just stops and waits for turtles and sandhill cranes to cross the road. In NYC they would be roadkill before anybody would wait a second on them. The sheriff didn't bother me all that much. He was just doing what he thought was his job. Fortunately it was not one of those "shots of a lifetime". If it was I might have stronger feelings on the matter.

18. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida

Thanks Keith. I have to warn you that Gale has a dark side that most aren't exposed to. :biggrin:

Die Hard only scratches the surface of Frank. I have seen him shooting hip deep in water, in the pouring rain, the blazing heat, surrounded by swarms of ravenous mosquitos, etc. He is one dedicated shooter.

19. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Gordon and yes Gale got her Big Mac. When I go for food for a fellow Cafe member neither police nor ospreys can stop me. :biggrin:

20. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    I'm happy to inform you that Gale got her Big Mac. :biggrin: