Gallery opportunity. Anyone with hanging experience?

I have, obviously, never had to plan and hang before. I have always just handed off to a gallery. They hang, and I complain about the light. Now I have all the decisions.
I have a pretty large collection of 16x20 matted prints, I put a backboard, mat and print in a clearbag. I will take them in 20 or so and let them help pick what they want.
I have this print out for a 16x20 test print on aluminum.
I look at this as another opportunity to learn, but want to screw up as little as possible.
Gary

View attachment 1665377
I say life size. :)

I will be going back over there early next week. I will definitely get some pictures. They actually like the new look enough they will be ordering new furniture and will be changing the lighting.
They also asked me to put up a little biography about myself next to the works
I was honored to have the opportunity. I also learned a lot.
Gary

A quick picture, I had to run in today to put some small standoffs on the frames. The space feels good. I have had several good comments already.
But, a lot more work than I thought it would be.
Gary

image0.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
That is, indeed, an impressive space!!! Well done! And what a great focal point for the photo at the end!

This is the entry to one of the high end financial advisors in town. In his lobby, there will be 2 additional large prints, one still in progress. This will have pretty high exposure to people that have room for big prints.
Gary

Latest threads

Top Bottom