1. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    May I have your opinions of this photo?

[​IMG]

2. not knowing what the GAR is or anything of it's history it is hard to give much feedback regarding the photo's impact. There is a lot of (intentional?) grain in the shot, particularly in the sky. I can not see the details and dates on the monument to try and draw conclusions.
    Dave

3. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Fair enough. I went for creative when I realized details of the monument were not clear enough to read.

(for the record: GAR = Grand Army of the Republic. A monument to Union Soldiers of the Civil War, 1861-1865)

4. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Angelo,it works for me,I like the atmosphere you've created

5. Angelo,
    I hope my comments were not regarded as offensive in any way. I was only trying to give honest contructive feedback, not be negative. I do not think you took it wrong from your response, but I want to be sure. I look forward to more of your posts and pictures.
    Dave

6. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Dave:

Not at ALL! I appreciate the honest, fair and I believe, accurate critique.

7. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you Hans :smile:

8. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've tried another version for your consideration:

[​IMG]

9. now the monument coupled with obviously dated and old headstones in the background has a sense about it. very nice revision.

10. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Angelo, I like the second one better. In the first my eye is lead by the two rows of small stones, but when it(my eye) got there I couldn't make out anything of interest.

I notice you also removed the noise (or grain). I think either way works since the stones have lots of grain.

11. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks Dave. I have you to thank for my rethinking this shot. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005
  12. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    John: Thank you. I like the second version much better also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.