garage pics

Got back in my garage today for a few shots.

My mother knits hats for children with cancer. She's visiting, and Samantha wanted to model one. We have no use for these here in Florida.

1206652987_yGXLW-L-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My son is always a willing subject.

1206652532_wqVoP-L.jpg

1206724281_kHCXD-L.jpg

Nice ones Mitch. I'm also a big fan of the garage lighting. Can't beat the soft lighting and the super awesome catchlights. Also fun to spot yourself in the 100% view :)

Do you typically use a reflector? I haven't so far, but I'm thinking of trying out a white reflector next time.

Nice ones Mitch. I'm also a big fan of the garage lighting. Can't beat the soft lighting and the super awesome catchlights. Also fun to spot yourself in the 100% view :)

Do you typically use a reflector? I haven't so far, but I'm thinking of trying out a white reflector next time.

This is a good question. I did not use a reflector on these, but I have needed a reflector in the past. A lot depends on the character of the light and the height of your subject.

I have used a reflector below for some fill when the light is harsh and bright. I tend to move deeper into the garage for those.

I have also used (or regretted not using) a reflector above on taller subjects to get a bit of a hair light effect. It can get dark at the top of the garage.

Wonderful like always! You should feel lucky that you don't have a need for that hat. We are so tired of winter here in Idaho!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom