1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Garden Bench

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by supra, Aug 23, 2008.

1. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Hi,
    Are there any shooting techniques I can use to minimize the shadows in the foreground? CC will be appreciated. Thanks.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
  2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Hi Supra -

This is just my two cents worth. My assumption here is that you're trying to showcase a garden bench peeking out from between the bushes, right? If so, (and if this were my photo) then I would eliminate some of the features in the photo that, to me, are distracting. For instance, I would crop out the doorway and I would also crop out half of the shrubbery starting from the top of the photo to about an inch from the bench. Then I would eliminate most of the concrete walkway and off center the photo a bit. Now again, to me, what that would do would be to put more emphasis on your subject matter - the bench, and not so much on its surroundings.

I'm not an expert on lighting (still trying to learn the ups and downs of that), so I have to pass on the shadows aspect of your photo - sorry. :frown:

3. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Hi Crazee,

Good advice. I guess I failed to achieve my goal in this shot. I was trying to apply one of the rule of compositions, taking subject through a frame. Perhaps, the subject was overpower by its surroundings and lost its definition. If I do go back to the place, I will definitely take on your advice and try out your suggestion.

Thank you.

4. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Few more for your C&C

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  5. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Oh yes, I really like this series - my favorite is #4 (something about the empty chair...), followed closely by #1.

Very nice!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.