Garden Bench

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by supra, Aug 23, 2008.

1. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Hi,
    Are there any shooting techniques I can use to minimize the shadows in the foreground? CC will be appreciated. Thanks.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
  2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Hi Supra -

This is just my two cents worth. My assumption here is that you're trying to showcase a garden bench peeking out from between the bushes, right? If so, (and if this were my photo) then I would eliminate some of the features in the photo that, to me, are distracting. For instance, I would crop out the doorway and I would also crop out half of the shrubbery starting from the top of the photo to about an inch from the bench. Then I would eliminate most of the concrete walkway and off center the photo a bit. Now again, to me, what that would do would be to put more emphasis on your subject matter - the bench, and not so much on its surroundings.

I'm not an expert on lighting (still trying to learn the ups and downs of that), so I have to pass on the shadows aspect of your photo - sorry. :frown:

3. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Hi Crazee,

Good advice. I guess I failed to achieve my goal in this shot. I was trying to apply one of the rule of compositions, taking subject through a frame. Perhaps, the subject was overpower by its surroundings and lost its definition. If I do go back to the place, I will definitely take on your advice and try out your suggestion.

Thank you.

4. supra

supra

Aug 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Few more for your C&C

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  5. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Oh yes, I really like this series - my favorite is #4 (something about the empty chair...), followed closely by #1.

Very nice!!