Garden Blossoms

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Neil, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Was at community garden trying to find some butterfly's and noticed these blossoms that caught my attention.
    Tag said Okra Annie Oakley II, D70, 70-210 mm f/4-5.6, Aperture priority, 1/10 s at f/18, ISO 200
    [​IMG]
    Irish Potato, D70, 60 mm micro,Aperture priority, 1/60 s at f/40, ISO 200
    [​IMG]
    Irish Potato, D70, 60 mm micro,Aperture priority, 1/60 s at f/36, ISO 200
    [​IMG]

Neil

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Neil, I love the irish potato blossom. I don't think I've ever seen those before. And you've made me look at my okra in a whole new light...Really nice shots.

3. Very interesting potato flowers! I like the white flower against the dark background, very well done!

Regards,
    Jonathan

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shots. I noticed that the first was taken at 1/10 second. I assume you were using a tripod? The shot is very sharp.

5. Certainly unusual flowers, I don't think I have ever seen either one. Good color and sharpness.

6. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Thanks Leigh & viewfinder, had never thought about flower/blossoms on food plants until that day surprised me on how nice they looked.

Frank yes wanted Gitzo & Arca Swiss ball head but budget couldn't stretch that far. Got a Giottos MT 8180 tripod and Giottos MM 8990 Carbon Fiber Monopod and then finished off with RTS BH-55 Ballhead with B2-AS II lever release clamp & BD70 Conventional Camera Body Plate for Nikon D70. This has led me to the place where if I want more camera toys going to have to eat only oatmeal for rest of the year to afford any anything else :D
    got to quit looking at those shots taken with the Nikon 200 mm micro :roll:

Neil

7. i like the second photo very nicely. The first feels bit like it is to hard maybe the contrast or oversharpening. But i like your shots. I never seen the second and third flower before. Thanks for sharing these photo's very nice.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

8. First one is very contrasty, but i like the color, what kind of plant is the Irish Potato?

9. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Thanks Gordon
    Thanks Vince some times I get carried away with too much messing around with the image.

Gilles my guess is an original potato strain from Ireland, never have seen this type of potato in store seen Idaho, Yukon Gold but have never seen a potato being grown. Heck surprised me when I seen this blossom looked for name tag and found out it was going to be food one day.
    Wish I had taken shot of sweet potato bud that day when I went back all the buds were gone. Know that I will return to site and hope that someone is there to confirm that its going to be food.
    Neil

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005