Garden Photos while at the Picnic

It was great seeing folks at the BBQ and the picnic at the Botanical Gardens. It's a treat to see the regular attendees and the first timers.

Photo Talk: I like using a ring flash and handhold shots on sunny & windy days. Nikon D300, 70-180mm Micro, and SB-29 ring flash. All settings manual since this flash does not communicate with newer cameras.

These photos are dedicated to Leigh & Patrick, for hosting this great event. In particular, I thank them for the donuts, the sandwiches, the chicken, and the drinks, etc. etc. etc.

Bug with pollen (I think) attached to it's body over thistle. This guy is about 1/4" to 3/8" long.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Macroscape in the parking lot, between the picnic pavillion and the garden

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Muril, those are gorgeous! WOW!!! I recall you showing that second one to me at lunch after you'd shot it and I knew then it was amazing...now I know for sure!

I tell you what...you print that one for me and I'll forget about the whole "locking me in the closet-thing" 18 years ago... :biggrin:

Hey Muril,

Haven't seen you around in awhile.

I have to tell you that #2 is mind blowingly good! I absolutely love it!

Muril, WOW! Macro seems to just leap out with beauty when you capture photos like these! I gotta say the hydrangea came close to my heart = we had several bushes of those growing around the house I grew up in. Brought back very fond memories! Beautiful captures for sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks to all for your comments.

Greg, Leigh, Andy, Frits, Mason, Diane, Gale,

Thanks to all for your comments. Greg, I hope to meet you some day at a Cafe get-together. Gale, I'll try to make it down to Florida for the next Cafe gathering there. Andy, you and your lovely wife were missed at the BBQ this year. I bet you're playing too much golf. Frits, great meeting you and 'the Dude'. Mason, it was good seeing you again last weekend. Diane, you were missed at the gathering.

Patrick, please don't look at this thread

Muril, those are gorgeous! WOW!!! I recall you showing that second one to me at lunch after you'd shot it and I knew then it was amazing...now I know for sure!

I tell you what...you print that one for me and I'll forget about the whole "locking me in the closet-thing" 18 years ago... :biggrin:
Closet, what closet?? It wasn't me. I was at church camp that weekend. I have a look-a-like. I didn't know you were in the closet. You were in a camera store and tempted to buy another camera, so I was trying to save you from yourself. I'm a mathematician, and theoretically I was locking myself out of the closet. I repeat, closet, what closet?

Closet, what closet?? It wasn't me. I was at church camp that weekend. I have a look-a-like. I didn't know you were in the closet. You were in a camera store and tempted to buy another camera, so I was trying to save you from yourself. I'm a mathematician, and theoretically I was locking myself out of the closet. I repeat, closet, what closet?
Do I need to tell Ann you've gone off your meds again?:wink:

Beautiful shots Muril. It was a pleasure shooting with you and all of the great Cafe folks again. :smile:

Beautiful shots Muril. It was a pleasure shooting with you and all of the great Cafe folks again. :smile:
Frank,
It was a lot of fun. After seeing all the BIF photos you guys did this year at Guntersville, etc., I've got to take part next year. Looks like fun was had by all.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom