1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gardens and castles of Germany III: Lindau and Mainau Island

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Pa, Jul 26, 2009.

1. On July 13 we drove to Meersburg am Bodensee (Lake Constance) and boarded a boat to Mainau, the garden island.

#1 Leaving Meersburg

[​IMG]

#2 Map of Bodensee executed in flowers

[​IMG]

#3 Flowering staircase waterfall

[​IMG]

#4 Peacock bouquet

[​IMG]

#5 A local resident

[​IMG]

#6 ...and another

[​IMG]

#7 Fabulous plantings

[​IMG]

601390559_onVaD-O.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#9 Returning to Meersburg

[​IMG]

#10 Lindau at twilight

601390594_Ya4FH-O.jpg

601390621_oSNcS-O.jpg

2. I've never seen that butterfly before... but wait, that's also what I thought on my hike yesterday several times. :biggrin:
    Love those twilight pictures!

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Stunning!!! That floral staircase waterfall is incredible and I love your evening shots.

Thanks so much for posting these. If you hadn't I would never have know about Mainau. Now, it's on my bucket list of places to visit.

Great job!!

4. Thanks, Daniel. The butterflies were in the butterfly pavilion on Mainau Island. There were many more exotic species, and that pavilion is the largest butterfly area I have ever seen. But it was terribly crowded and hot and I soon fled.

Thanks again, Lyndee. Several of the photos were taken by my wife, so I must give her credit.

If you Google Mainau you will find many more images on the web. It's a fantastic place.

5. WOW! DUnno which to call a favorite! Love the nighttime photos of the lighthouse, the waterfall staircase is gorgeous, #8 is so colorful - geez, the whole series is gorgeous! Got more?

6. Thanks, Dianne. I've got quite a few more, but don't want to monopolize the forum. Look at my web page if you wish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.