1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gardens at Shore Acres State Park, Oregon

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Terri French, May 22, 2019.

1. I was so surprised at how beautiful these gardens were. I wasn't expecting this much at a state park. The Rhododendrons and Azaleas were at their prime. They were absolutely spectacular. We can't grow them in Idaho, so I always love seeing them.

_DSC4168.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    _DSC4173.jpg
    _DSC4177.jpg
    _DSC4179.jpg
    _DSC4187.jpg
    _DSC4225.jpg
    _DSC4239.jpg
    _DSC4247.jpg
    _DSC4272.jpg
    _DSC4275.jpg
    _DSC4266-Edit.jpg
    _DSC4215.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beautiful Terri, never been there. We have rhododendrons in our yard, they’re just stating to flower.

3. Beautiful pictures, thanks for posting.

4. Thanks, Rick. May seemed to be a great time to go there. Maybe there are rhododendrons for Zone 5, but I’ve never seen any growing here.

5. Thank you Mike!

6. Very pretty - you did it justice.

7. You and the Z6 are getting along really well. As to your comment about state parks, some of them are must-see places and, unfortunately, are not visited because they aren't national parks.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  8. Thank you Allan!!

9. Thank you, Mike!! I'm really enjoying the camera. We have an area in Idaho that is national park worthy, but the state fought the federal government and made it a recreation area instead of the national park that the federal government wanted to create. I'm sure that there are lots of similar areas all over the country. The Oregon State Parks we visited are all beautiful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.