Gary Fong Lightsphere

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nicole718, Jul 7, 2008.

1. nicole718

nicole718

Mar 31, 2008
    CT
  2. You can't argue with the results, although you can argue the price - I think that's why so many folks have fashioned their own out of other materials rather than making Gary any wealthier.

Sean

3. NJDJ

NJDJ

Apr 15, 2006
    It's a little big and that makes it a pain in the butt. However, it does produce very nice results and that's why I always use mine. I have the old version, clear.

4. I use both the Lightshpere II and The Whale Tail Reporter. I prefer the Whale Tail, as it's a bit smaller, and there are more lighting options with it.

If you are serious about getting one, you may consider getting it from B&H, rather than GF, as B&H is a lot easier to deal with on returns. It's not that I had a problem with GF, however B&H has a store policy of full refund within two weeks of most purchases.

GenoP

5. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I have one but don't like it...wanna buy it?

7. Khaisy

Khaisy

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Like they Said good result but heavy I use FLIP-it. Much better send me your address I will send you mine for free just pay me shipping $8

8. Got one of Gary Fong....It's alright
    sal

9. Use the Demb. The Fong is a good tip jar.

10. I have a third pary "lambancy" dome it works great. I can shoot directly to the subject without blowing them out.
    I paid $19.99 plus shipping and it came with three other color gels. Look it up on the big auction site that everyone knows about.:biggrin:

11. I'll second Arcinio's suggestion. I bought a lambency diffuser with gels for 6bucks plus 15 shipping out of Hong Kong. Works well but is heavy and on a SB600 wants to pull the flash head down when you have it tilted at 45 degrees.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

12. Try Googling abetterbouncecard and make a nice card for a buck.

13. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    I have a Fong and use it 30 percent of the time when using flash - if the ceilings are low enough. It produces a very soft light and is a great conversation starter.