Gaye has 'gone to the dogs'- 35-70/2.8 & 50-135 MF AIS

Discussion in 'Birds' started by GeeJay, May 14, 2005.

1. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    I want to show you my new lens results.. I got the 35-70 and an old

50-135 manual focus AIS lens. (D2X camera)

Here are two of my dogs...

Best to you all,

Gaye

THis is Panda with the 35-70/ 2.8..the first shot taken with that lens.

[​IMG]

Another of Panda with 35-70 2.8

[​IMG]

Reggie taken with the 50-135 manual focus AIS lens

[​IMG]

Reggie taken with 35-70 lens

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really super Gaye.

Good job Gal.

Hey, I held a D2X yesterday with a 80-400 VR VR VR on it... I could use that :>))))) hahahahaha

3. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Cute pups....is he sticking his tongue out at me!!!!??? ;)

Joel.

4. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Thanks Gale and Joel,

We should have named her Raspberry because her tongue is always out... and we think it's just too long for her body :lol:

Best to you and thanks for looking --and Gale, I have a D2H in for sale forum... are you sure you don't need that with your VR VR VR :lol:

Gaye

5. Great shots Gaye!! :D :D :D

6. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Bryan,

Thanks!! Hope you're doing okay..HaVe thought about you..

Best to you and good luck!

Gaye

7. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Gaye -- Cute subjects!

8. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Don,

Thanks for your comment... they are awfully cute subjects and are still letting me take their pictures--even though you notice that one sticks her tongue out at me everytime I do it :lol:

ANd where are you from in SE Texas? I spent 12 years in Houston and one of my kids went to Rice U. in Houston. I"m still a Texan I think--a great state :!: and another son has been in Austin for 25 years.

When I taught 2nd grade there I asked if the kids knew the meaning of THanksgiving...and a little girl jumped out of her seat to answer and the answer was " That's when the Pilgrims discovered Texas! "--- I"ve never forgotten that one :lol:

Best to you and thanks,

Gaye

9. Cute as can be images of your Shih Tzu children. Well taken images Gaye.

10. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Gordon,

I remember you once had a Shih Tzu--great dogs!

And I want to tell you that I enjoyed every one of your wedding pictures. I went through your PBase gallery and WOW, you did a fantastic job.

By now the happy couple have seen the pictures and must be very happy with them. And the background of the temple was outstanding and made the pictures even more special.

Thanks and best to you!

Gaye

11. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Hi, Gaye!

I live about 35 miles north of downtown Houston in the suburb called The Woodlands. I've only been in Texas about 2 years, but it's easy to take a liking to and call it home. I also have a great location with lots of opportunities to photograph birds right out of my back yard.

The second grader's comment doesn't surprise me -- most people here think the world revolves around Texas! Cute comment and I see why you remembered it!

12. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Don,
    Just went through your gallery and enjoyed every one of your pictures. You really do have many creatures around your house.

Those duck visitors you had were certainly interesting..Have never seen anything like those before. AND the heron having the 'bad hair day' was priceless.

AND of course your dog/ dogs are very cute... I"m a bird and dog lover from Florida but still talk like a Texan-- y'all

Gaye

I lived out in Memorial --west of Houston and I taught in the Spring Branch School district for many years.

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gaye,

Very nice shots. You are obviouslly getting comfortable the new X, and I am very impressed by your results with these lenses.

Cute puppies too. 8)

14. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Gaye

Cute little fellows
    love the last one

Aint the x a great camera?

15. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Frank,
    Thanks for your nice comment about the pictures. I haven't had as much time to get out as needed with my D2X but up at the lake I"ll be out almost everyday... that's how I'll get away from all the company :lol:

Know you'll have a great time at Merritt Island again.I'll be thinking of you guys..

We'll leave for Michigan on the 31st and after the 5th will start shooting the beautiful environment up there...dunes, lakes,chipmunks,skunks,raccoons,porcupines, deer, birds and squirrels etc.etc.....and even wild turkeys come to our door occasionally..

Thanks again and best to you and Janie,
    Gaye

16. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Hans,

Thanks for looking at my little guys. I have one more of these dogs and they're quite a bunch of clowns...

Haven't seen your Nena lately.. Hope she's doing fine.. I always enjoy your great pictures of her. She's a beauty---.such lovely, endearing eyes.

I live in Florida but will be leaving for our summer in Michigan in two weeks...From there I"ll get many pictures to share because we live in the middle of a national park. I"m really looking forward to the time with my camera up there.

My best to you and to Nena too :)

Gaye

17. Hi Gaye,
    These are great examples of the sharpness of the 35-70 f2.8. I don't use mine as much as I should but when I do it never disappoints. Have a safe trip up north. (I'm a Yooper, myself) :wink:

18. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Kevin,

Good to hear from you.. You must use the 35-70 more... It sure surprised me when I started using it... I thought I"d probably send it back but 'no way' now... It took me by surprise.

If you get to Glen Lake look me up!

Thanks and best to you,

Gaye

19. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Almost as cute as mine! ;c)

Actually, they're every bit as cute as mine! Nice & sharp too! When you heading up to MI? I still gotta figure out how I'm getting my pooches down to Fla this Fall. I wasn't planning on driving down, but, I just may have to, to get them down there safely in one piece!

20. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Steve,

Yours are awfully cute so that's a draw for 'cuteness'...

We have to drive because of the dogs..no way will they fly!!!!!

We've done the drive for years with the dogs and it works just fine. In fact they sleep the whole way and they love to travel by car.

We go up to Michigan on the 31st...can hardly wait --it's very HOT here now.l

Best to you,

Gaye