Gazebo near The Niederwalddenkmal overlooking the Rhine - Germany

There's a story behind this one.

I'm with a small tour group and the bus let us off at the monument toward the end of the afternoon, then took us all to a nearby lodge for dinner and the night. I, of course, wanted to get the sunset at the statue and the gazebo. The lodge was about a mile down the road through the woods. I had no transportation. No ubers, etc. So, I decided I would just take the 20 minute walk. NO ONE wanted to come along. I thought I would at least have a few takers from the other photographers in the group but they were "too tired" - hey I'm 55yo... Anyway, I walk back down there after dinner about an hour before sunset. I get a lot of nice shots, like this one. Fortunately I had nice weather and some clouds to work with. The place was rather deserted at sunset, contrary to the afternoon mob I encountered earlier. The fun part started when I had to walk back, in the pitch dark, through this no longer travelled road, with my phone flashlight, through the woods for 20 minutes, realizing I didn't really take the time to research what wildlife is out there...

Attachments

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom