Gazing at Beauty

Today at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles

BeautyLooking.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Crappy Fuji Superia 400 film scanned on the crappy Epson V500

Some guy over on RFF seems to think it's a pretty good scanner for the money. :Wink:

And in your hands (the Oly again?) the film doesn't seem too bad. Did the face match the legs?
Chris, I was just being sarcastic about the scanner and film! I have found that this film is absolutely made for scanning. It also held up well in the extremely bright lighting. I, unfortunately left my ND filter at home, so these were shot at f/22 at 1000th. There is some slight CA around the hat band in the first image but it's acceptable given the harsh lighting. The Oly, of course, with the 135 lens! This woman was, in the parlance of my youth, "a head turner". Then again I must confess to a certain predilection for dark haired beauties. I just thought she looked rather elegant gazing out over the wall toward the gardens below.

nice legs
nice shots
All in all a very lovely and classy lady! I was just happy to get some decent exposures in really, really bright light. I don't think that digital would have held up as well here - think blocked up shadows and blown highlights!

Beautiful shots of a beautiful young woman. Well done. That Oly does a good job for you. I have to get out and try that little Oly you sent me. It keeps calling me, but I have been busy taking care of Patty, so it's been hard to get out and use it. Hope that you are able to fix your C330. :smile:

Nice work, I love the colours even from "cheap" film.

Did she realise you were photographing her?

Beautiful shots of a beautiful young woman. Well done. That Oly does a good job for you. I have to get out and try that little Oly you sent me. It keeps calling me, but I have been busy taking care of Patty, so it's been hard to get out and use it. Hope that you are able to fix your C330. :smile:
Yeah, Mike I've got the new door on, new seals in place which is a pain in the wazoo on the Mamiya since you have to do two layers around the door! Hey once you get out and about do shoot some with the little RC. The lens on that is a simple Tessar design and does a smooth rendering!

I knew that! The guy at RFF was ... you!
I knew that you knew that! I just have to throw that in once in a while just to show that no matter what your equipment if you use it to its potential your results will be fine!

Nice work, I love the colours even from "cheap" film.

Did she realise you were photographing her?
Actually, after having used most of the so called pro films I prefer the Superia 400. It could be because I've used it so much that I know how to work its characteristics to my advantage. No, I didn't ask to take her pic but she had been walking around with another woman earlier and walked out by us, four guys with cameras in hand, so I think she was sure one of us would snap away!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom