GBH at Guntersville Dam

Well, I'm nowhere near the expert birdie shooter that Flew is, but I was thrilled to see that I did actually manage to capture a few fairly decent shots. Most had to be cropped, though, as that 300mm lens, even with the 1.4x TC, was still not quite long enough....

This first one isn't of birds, though -- they weren't the only ones fishing!

144813877-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

144813745-L.jpg

144813827-L.jpg

144813919-L.jpg

144814030-L.jpg

144814046-L.jpg

144814188-L.jpg

144814273-L.jpg

144814637-L.jpg

And my take on that woodpecker:
144814683-L.jpg

Good shooting Connie. Still tough to believe that the great weekend is behind us already. Can't wait for next May.

Thanks, everybody! Yeah, that was one whopper of a fish that the fisherman caught, wasn't it? I'm wondering, too, if the heron we see in the water with a huge fish is the same one which Larry so beautifully captured trying to gulp the thing down!

Yep, John, I wouldn't have even gotten that woodpecker at all if it hadn't been for your kindness in hauling my gear over there for me! :smile: MANY thanks!

While these shots aren't up to some of the gorgeous shots we've seen here in the Birds and Animals forum, I am excited that at least this year I came home with something, with pictures of herons and fish! I've got a whole year now to hone my techniques for next year.... :smile:

Thanks Connie. I have a series of him catching all the way to swallowing it I need to process. Never enough time. Going to AR this weekend to another Tim Ernst workshop. Will get further behind in processing.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

I hear you on that! Look how long it took me to get my 3rd Annual gathering photos out for public consumption....and I've still got a few more to process: flowers and such from the Botanical Gardens! Fortunately for me the weather here has been sucky so that I've been able to put the time into working on the images; if the weather had been great I would've been outside shooting up a storm instead!

Yep, I remember that whole series of the heron struggling to swallow Moby ****! Really stunning! They were among the ones on your MBP that you showed us that night in the hotel lobby.... Hurry up and get 'em processed so everybody else can see, too! :smile:

Thanks, Arnie and Rich! Yep, Rich, we've got to get you out with that new lens and put it through its paces! I suspect you will be MUCH happier with it than with the Bigma....

I think, too, that this year because you didn't get to the other side of the dam where we were you missed out on some good shots that you probably would have been able to nail, even with the Bigma.

I definitely need to hone my techniques, too -- we can practice together!

Latest threads

Top Bottom