1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GBH,Green Heron, Cormorant, Hawks, and some Red Head action..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sjlarue, Jul 9, 2008.

1. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    I went back to Hoover Res. In Ohio to try to get better pics of the Baby Hawks. I got those and several others. Still getting used to the D300 BTW.

I love Great Blue Herons (GBH), egrets, and other herons for some reason, Here is a pic of one of the GBH's at Hoover area N Monday:

Gbhlr.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Same GBH with a Cormorant visitor:

comrantlr.jpg

Went to area M and caught these of a Green Heron:

GreenHeron2lr.jpg

GreenHeronlr.jpg

Here is a Better Pic of the Hawk nest that I posted late last month Babes are up and at 'em.
    BabyHawk4lr.jpg

I was 15 feet from this Hawk...It was more interested in prey than me. Close to full frame here: :biggrin::
    Hawklr.jpg

And finally, I went to try to get Pics of some Red Heads over at MudHen Marsh and Ran into Red Bellies instead:

RedbelliedWoodpeckerlr.jpg

RedbelliedWoodpecker2lr.jpg

Enjoy, and as always cc welcome.

2. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    Hey Steve some great captures there,, love the up close one of the Hawk ,,,, loooks like you are havin' fun with the new d 300....

3. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Thanks Russ. I'm starting to get used to it :biggrin:.

The Hoover res. is a pretty cool place to see a lot of wildlife. Right now the water is too high, but where I was in area M, there are shorebirds that migrate through there. One of the naturalists has close to 100 warbler boxes for protonotary warblers scattered throughout the preserve. He told me that the best time to be there is late April through May, and durring the fall migration.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.