1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GBH=Grumpy Blue Heron

Discussion in 'Merritt Island VI' started by johncarol, Feb 12, 2009.

1. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Just the usual grumpy look
    108963723.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

he approached me, cropped but not much, seemed very interested in my tripod legs, one of Harry's Viera birds

108963716.jpg

Blue Heron Wetlands
    108963727.jpg

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Not sure if it's grumpy or just bored John. Nice captures in any case. :smile:

3. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Thanks Frank, glad to see you here. Word is you have been working way too hard. You are probably right about the first one being bored as he did not do the usual fly away squawking even after several shots. Sure missed you guys, I was hoping to learn a little more and touch a D3.

4. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Maybe he thought your tripod was a female?

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Good captures John. I'm always amazed at how tolerant the GBHs at the wetlands are of humans.

6. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Not just tolerant Harry, he flew directly over and landed right in front of me. First Time I have been stalked! I think maybe Pia's right, maybe it was the blue jacket and camo leg covers?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.