1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GBH in a tree

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, May 24, 2005.

1. The other day I posted a side view picture of a GBH sitting in a tree. I'd never really seen one perched on a branch like that before. Here's a shot from the front view.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shot Kevin. I hope we will get a bunch more like this one next week....;-)

3. Thanks, Frank!

Actually, I'm hoping for more like this one. Not that this one is that great but meaning birds in flight. I was on my way to shoot the pic above and all of a sudden this Egret comes flying by. I raised and shot a few off. The big green blob is a huge pine tree and when I snapped I thought "Darn, I missed him and just got the tree". I was happy to see I managed to really get him. But that's kind of my point. Sitting still, I'm ok shooting birds. I'd like more practice with them flying as I think they make cooler shots.

Here's my lucky shot
    [​IMG]

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

I couldn't agree with you more. Sitting - Good; Flying - Great!! 8)

5. Hey Kevin,

Those 2 pics are great: what nice saturated colors and pleasing background to complement the majestic birds! Well done.

You know, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! :twisted: That's how I felt this past week-end after the many flying birds I was able to capture... Of course the machine gun, a.k.a. the D2H helps. ;-) Besides, it does not hurt to be lucky once in a while. :lol:

6. Thanks, Philippe. I haven't tried machine gun mode yet but probably will have to next week to increase my chances with the "masters". ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.