GBH in a tree

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, May 24, 2005.

1. The other day I posted a side view picture of a GBH sitting in a tree. I'd never really seen one perched on a branch like that before. Here's a shot from the front view.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shot Kevin. I hope we will get a bunch more like this one next week....;-)

3. Thanks, Frank!

Actually, I'm hoping for more like this one. Not that this one is that great but meaning birds in flight. I was on my way to shoot the pic above and all of a sudden this Egret comes flying by. I raised and shot a few off. The big green blob is a huge pine tree and when I snapped I thought "Darn, I missed him and just got the tree". I was happy to see I managed to really get him. But that's kind of my point. Sitting still, I'm ok shooting birds. I'd like more practice with them flying as I think they make cooler shots.

Here's my lucky shot
    [​IMG]

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

I couldn't agree with you more. Sitting - Good; Flying - Great!! 8)

5. Hey Kevin,

Those 2 pics are great: what nice saturated colors and pleasing background to complement the majestic birds! Well done.

You know, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! :twisted: That's how I felt this past week-end after the many flying birds I was able to capture... Of course the machine gun, a.k.a. the D2H helps. ;-) Besides, it does not hurt to be lucky once in a while. :lol:

6. Thanks, Philippe. I haven't tried machine gun mode yet but probably will have to next week to increase my chances with the "masters". ;)