GBH, late light, dark background....

G

Gordon Large

Some more pix from a recent late afternoon visit to Peace Valley Park. Not your usual GBH shots, but I like the dramatic lighting. Enjoy

Gordon

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 15046

View attachment 15047

View attachment 15048

View attachment 15049

View attachment 15050

G

Gordon Large

warren said:
i agree i love the haunting quality of the light. That last shot is a keeper.
Thanks Warren. It's the light that really grabbed my attention. I too like the last shot best. I have to admit that getting focus on the bird's eye involved at least as much luck as skill.

Gordon

G

Gordon Large

bfjr said:
Yes I like em all
the 3rd one best!!
Thanks Ben. The 3rd one is kinda fun. I love it when such a graceful bird ties itself in knots to preen its feathers.

Gordon

G

Gordon Large

Mike Z said:
Gordon,
I love the images. The lighting is great.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I've always felt that capturing a bird - or a tree or a lake or a mountain - in magic light makes a wonderful image. I can always "see" the light opportunity. Now if I can bring my technical skills up to a consistently good level........ :cool:

Gordon

G

Gordon Large

greyflash said:
Lighting wise you certainly caught this at an interesting time of day. Thanks for sharing these GBH images I enjoyed them.
Thanks Gordon. Whatever the subject - birds, landscapes, seascapes - the quality of light always seems to me to be what really can make an image special.

Gordon

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom