GBH Taking Flight - Meadowlark gardens - Vienna, Virginia

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Vienna Pics, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Connie, Rich and I went to Meadowlark Gardens a while back and caught the GBH:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this point the D200 buffer filled, last farewell shot:

[​IMG]

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    That's pretty impressive to be able to stay on the bird that long! Nicely done.

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you Andy - This appears to be the only GBH that comes to the gardens and it is familiar with cameras.

4. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    That's a great series. I've lived in Northern Virginia for over 25 years, but I never heard of Meadlowlark until now... Thanks!

5. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you. Meadowlark is a great local place to go. In the spring we can go once a week or every other week and see a dramatic change in what is blooming. They have a lot of bulbs and other flowers. We have a yearly family pass and get out there quite often.

6. Great series, Mark! Those must be the ones you captured while I was fumbling with my camera, lens and tripod! I think I must've made a movement or noise which alerted him and that's when he took off....

Last couple of times I've been to Meadowlark I haven't seen him, so he must be staying in the shade on the hot days!

Hey, Kristin! Meadowlark is just off Rte 7, on Beulah Road in Vienna. It is a really lovely place to spend an afternoon: always something new to see and photograph.

7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thanks Connie, Yes, that is when he took off - when you were trying to sneak up and get a close up.

8. Here is as close as I got before he took off:

p42100915.

9. great series mark. i am fairly new to photography, and love looking at the birds. u really stayed with him. have set up some feeders and some dead branches near bye to have them land on. bought a 300mm/2.8 to get there picture. my property rest back against goyne park in chester, virginia look forward to seeing more of ur stuff. david

10. Good tract on it. Start to finish.
    Lou

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice gbh shots
    They are a beautiful bird

12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you David - I find photography and bird lovers go together very easily - I take the shots and they tell me what they are...

Thank you Lou!

Thanks Gale!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.