GBH this afternoon

I took these after seeing a GBH while walking with my wife. I returned, and no heron. But after a little wait he returned to the oppositie side of the little bay. After another while, much to my surprise, the heron took flight right toward me and landed about 30 feet away. I was shooting into the sun for the closeups, but I am fairly happy with the results.

D2X + 500/4 plus a break in the weather...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 86866

View attachment 86867

View attachment 86868

View attachment 86869

Cheers

Great shots Rory, doesnt need to be any sharper then that!!!
Hi Andreas. The 500 by itself it way better than with the TC17. I did not keep any of the ones with the TC... BTW - 100% processed in Lightroom and then directly to Ditto using the script I sent you.

Nice GBH Rory. I am not sure where that sun came from. You guys up north must be using it all up as we have not seen any sun for a very long time.

Nice GBH Rory. I am not sure where that sun came from. You guys up north must be using it all up as we have not seen any sun for a very long time.
It showed up for about 30 minutes yesterday afternoon. But, it is sunny this morning! I saw in the forecast that you should have sun right now too...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom