1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GBH this afternoon

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Mar 24, 2007.

1. I took these after seeing a GBH while walking with my wife. I returned, and no heron. But after a little wait he returned to the oppositie side of the little bay. After another while, much to my surprise, the heron took flight right toward me and landed about 30 feet away. I was shooting into the sun for the closeups, but I am fairly happy with the results.

D2X + 500/4 plus a break in the weather...

View attachment 86866

View attachment 86867

View attachment 86868

View attachment 86869

Cheers

2. Really nice set of GBH most of ours seem to have a little more tan on the neck.

3. Great shots Rory, doesnt need to be any sharper then that!!!

4. WildBill

WildBill

Mar 20, 2006
    Hammonton, New Jersey
    Bill
    Stunning as always Rory! Great job!

Bill

5. Hi Andreas. The 500 by itself it way better than with the TC17. I did not keep any of the ones with the TC... BTW - 100% processed in Lightroom and then directly to Ditto using the script I sent you.

6. We tend to get quite a bit of variation. This one was in particularily good shape.

7. Thanks Bill - much appreciated!

8. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Very nice serries Rory - nice lighting.

9. Wow, great GBH series, Rory. Just beautiful!

10. Thanks Mark and Peter. Great lighting is not something to take for granted around here this winter!

11. Nice stufff great detail these birds are fun to watch

12. I watched this guy eat an eel but he just let it slide down his throat - no toss. Darn.

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nicely done Rory. :smile:

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great shooting Rory. Now send that break in the weather to Chicago.

15. Really great shots, Rory. The GBH is so beautiful.

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    He is a beauty Rory

17. Nice GBH Rory. I am not sure where that sun came from. You guys up north must be using it all up as we have not seen any sun for a very long time.

18. It showed up for about 30 minutes yesterday afternoon. But, it is sunny this morning! I saw in the forecast that you should have sun right now too...

19. Wow, beautiful series, Rory!!! Very well done....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.