1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GBH, when your food fights back.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by RonS, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Great Blue Heron having an issue with lunch. This went on for at least 15 minutes, I had to leave. I believe the snake was dead, or at least not struggling, and the GBH could not untie the knot. Hope it worked out well (for the heron at least).

From Nisqually National Wildlife Reserve.

_RS86336 sig 2k.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_RS86290 sig 2k.jpg

_RS86284 sig 2k.jpg

Wonder why my camera model does not show up here? The other settings do. Anyway, Z7.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Avian spaghetti! :D 

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Fun to watch too!

4. Poor bird, nice shots................

5. That's funny. It's amazing what they'll eat. Or try to.

6. Thanks everyone.

7. Fascinating shots!!! I hope the GBH either finally got his knotty lunch problem resolved and enjoyed his meal or if he gave up, that he found another equally tasty lunch somewhere else!!

8. Went by that area a little later. No sign of the heron, which is good.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  9. Awesome moment to photograph. I don't know what I'd do if every time I bit into a slice of pizza, I got slapped in the face.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Thanks Bobby, dossy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.