GBHs at the dam

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cknight, Aug 15, 2005.

1. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    These are some of my GBH pics from the G'ville dam trip with Frank and Greg this weekend. Some of them turned out pretty good, inspite of the weather.
    I played around with curves to adjust the WB. I'd be interested on any comments you have on the WB and sharpness.
    These were taken with the 300f4 and TC1.4.

This guy landed in a tree right above me. SB800 and flash extender used.
    DSC_2786web.

DSC_2839web.

What are you lookin' at?
    DSC_2867web.

DSC_2952web.

DSC_2953web.

DSC_2959web.

I know this one is clipped, but I like it anyway. Why can't they make a TC with an instant off?
    DSC_2976web.

This one is a pretty tight crop, but just looks funny to me.
    DSC_2999web.

Thanks for your comments. :)

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Well done Chris!! You have taken to that new 300 like a duck to water. These are so good, especially considering the horrible conditions Sunday.

Way to go. :wink:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Chris,

that last image is a hoot.. Got lots of comments..But won't say. lololol

They are all great.

In fact he does not look pleased at all......

who P**&&^%ssed him off.

4. Regardless of the weather it looks like you had fun with the guys and got some good shots to boot. It doesn't get much better than this.

5. Echo Gordons comments, you guys are pampered out there, good weather or bad. LOL.........some great shots there Chris, way to go!

6. Nice shots Chris!!! :D :D :D

7. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Looking good Chris. I was beginning to wonder about them. Looks like you did better than I with the contrast. Well done.

8. Hi Chris

Can you elaborate on "I played around with curves to adjust the WB". Do you mean you used the eye dropper in curves or that you manually adjusted the channels?

I see you have the same problem I do when using the flash extender. We need to get more separation between the flash and the camera :)

9. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Thanks for the comments.
    Greg - I told you I would get some posted, I'm just slow :oops:

Rory, I was using the "90 percent method" (I think that is what you call it). I put markers on the black eyeball and the white feather area just under the eye. Then I adjusted the channels in curves so that the markers were 'neutral'. It seemed to work pretty well, but some looked a little red. But they definitely looked better than the originals.