GBH's / Reznick Flips

I've been trying for over 6 months to get that perfect shot that some of us call the 'Reznick Flip', because Ron Reznick first showed us his shots of this phenomenon at a seminar last November. Harris, Jim, Mike Mac and others already have theirs, and now I finally have mine. I actually got three last Sunday during the shooting session at the Guntersville Dam. These guys were feasting, and they are incredibly quick.

Taken with the D2H / 300mm f2.8.

The mighty hunter stalks his prey:
29337627-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Speared one!!
29337630-O.jpg

Now, if I could just get it down head first....
29337631-O.jpg

The RR flip!!
29337638-O.jpg

Down the gullet: 8)
29337639-O.jpg

One more, from a little further away:
29337626-O.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Gale. :lol:

Kevin, they are slight crops in most cases. A couple are tighter than the others for composition. Let me put it this way; I had to take off the 1.4 TC to get these suckers in the frame. We were very close. 8)

Yeehaa!!!

Congrats and great timing, Frank! I could watch those guys fish for hours. It always amazes me how accurate and efficient they are.

Thanks Dave and David. Hope you guys can come down to Merritt III. Should be able to get a ton of good ones down there. :wink:

Damn Frank, that was awesome. Did you camp out all day for that one? 8)

Killer shots and captures. Just super. NEED TO PRINT SOME OF THESE> hope I am not being subtle. :D

FRANK
First of all let me tell you the sharpness and presentation of your shots is incredible, glad you have made the flip club.. sort of like becoming a member of the mile high club... Between you and Harris I don't know if I can resist the 300 2.8 any longer....

B

bfjr

All killer shots
very sharp, clear, beautiful exp, the whole nine yards, and a R flip to boot. :shock: :shock:
My shootin buddy (Jeff) is doing a two day RR seminar right now, I could be in trouble when we shoot together again :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Harris, we were at the dam for a couple of hours, but didn't get to this shooting position until later in the session. We had to leave after only about 30 minutes so Joe M could get started back on the drive to Tampa, but I'm definitely going back ASAP.

Mike, you NEED this lens. It is truly awesome, as Harris has proven. :wink:

Ben, I can't recommend the RR seminars enough. He advanced my photography skill by at least 2 years, and I probably wouldn't have ever learned some of the things that he taught us on my own. Very enjoyable experience too.

Vinod, fish or no fish, you are still one of my birdie shooting idols. Your comments mean a lot to me.

Steve, I can't wait for Merritt III, and you should be down there for this one. We are going to have so much fun.

:lol:

Hi Frank

Totally outstanding captures! I was thinking about how to descibe your shots and the best I can come up with is you NAILED them. Between the 300/2.8 and the guy behind the lens - a pretty good combo...

Russ Smith said:
Frank

That is an outstanding series of images.

Russ

Thanks Russ. I see you are in Tallahassee. I love shooting down there. Have you ever been to Waculla Springs? It is an awesome place.

You need to come down to Merritt III with us for sure, since you have only half as far to drive. :wink:

hillrg said:
Hi Frank

Totally outstanding captures! I was thinking about how to describe your shots and the best I can come up with is you NAILED them. Between the 300/2.8 and the guy behind the lens - a pretty good combo...

Rory,

Coming from one of the best bird shooters that I know, that is a great compliment. The 8FPS sure doesn't hurt when you are trying to get this kind of action. 8)

Thanks!!

biggstr6 said:
Excellent series.

Is that the new 300 with VR ?

No, this is the AF-S II that I got from Ron R about a year ago. I'd love to have the VR version, but this is one very fine piece of glass. I certainly can't complain.

Thanks,

Frank you just made my week and it has been a great week so far. Great job and thanks so much for posting these. You must still have a big smile on your face.

Latest threads

Top Bottom