Geese...

I captured a few images of Canada geese this afternoon with my D300 and 500 VR:

p1026131199-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p885828895-4.jpg

p612633374-4.jpg

p800178949-4.jpg

p817059259-4.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Real Name
Dan
Excellent detail and exposure in no.1. A better setting would have been nice. Great detail in no.2 and a gorgeous BG. No.3 is tops of the set IMO. Nicely done.

Very nice Glenn

Thanks Troy...

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the bokeh in many of the shots from this session. I was pleased with #2, but the background was quite distant with that shot.

I think I'm a bit spoiled with the 2.8 that my 300 VR provides. f/4 doesn't always give me what I'm looking for.

Also, we don't seem to have very many interesting birds near where I live. I usually settle for ducks and geese! I think I might have to visit Florida soon!

Glenn

Thanks Troy...

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the bokeh in many of the shots from this session. I was pleased with #2, but the background was quite distant with that shot.

I think I'm a bit spoiled with the 2.8 that my 300 VR provides. f/4 doesn't always give me what I'm looking for.

Also, we don't seem to have very many interesting birds near where I live. I usually settle for ducks and geese! I think I might have to visit Florida soon!

Glenn

When do you think about coming?
If you do, contact me.

Nice shots Glenn. You should be able to find many good small birds in your area. If you get close enough, that f4 will give you nice blurred backgrounds.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom